This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

expose

• Jaquare
      Jaquare
      Basic
      Hi everyone,
      So i am not being regular here but I think it's time for me to be honest and realistic about my game.
      I start playing poker 7 years ago (mainly mtt) and try to take it seriously the last 4 years. Except, i didn't really take it seriously, just pretend it. I read few things but as soon as it was complicated i stop learning and just gamble. Moreover, i never been a winning player, i just pretend to myself and other that i was.
      Earlier this year i won around 8k euros and was almost even after all those years…(congrats to me)-except those few results don't mean that i progress but that i had a good rush. And i withdraw 3k and decide that i was good enough to play much higher tournament where i tilt +play badly and lost almost all (250 left) (yeah, that's bad!) How can I pretend to play higher buy-in when i am not even wining at 2/5 euros tournaments?!
      So i decided to stop poker since one week for a while and look mainly at strategy, theory,etc. I also have to focus on finishing my master, which take a lot of times. But in 2 months I will be over with uni and I will not have an internship and a job until october (not even sure i ll be accepted yet!) During this time i will have time to focus on my passions, including poker.
      However, i don't want to repeat the same mistakes over and over that I repeat since 5 years that i attribute to many aspects but mainly my lack of discipline and my pretentious lie which stop me to engage with other player by fear of being criticised. So, i am hoping by posting here it will force me to discipline myself and accept criticism and the fact that i am a 'huge fish'.
      My goals in poker will be: - take my time to learn the theories behind this game and apply it(but not learning and forgetting it the next day!)
      - order a poker tracker because i am not 'isildur1' and learn to use it properly
      - respect my bankroll, meditate and focus on the discipline.
      - try to become a wining poker player (even if it is for 0.1$ and if it takes me 10 years (slowly but surely!)
      It will take a lot of time as I have other passions and don't aim at doing just poker in my life but i will try to play seriously. So far, my only contribution i can bring to you is how to be a loosing player but i hope in 10 years, i ll be writing another story- (that i am a consistent winning player at micro limits mtt!!)

ps: sorry for my writing (i am not use to talk about me and post on forum!)

here is a motivational video that i found is pretty good and hope you'll enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcPK3y1OtPU
  • 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Jaquare,

Welcome to the blogs. :welcome:

Unfortunately not respecting proper BRM can have disastrous consequences. So now it's time to knuckle down, do the hard work and improve. Have you checked out Asaban's MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread. This is a must read for any micro MTT player looking to go on a steep learning curve. :s_thumbsup:

Have you considered taking part in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' promotion. You could win a status upgrade and make the weekly news. :s_drink:

GL at the tables :gl: and keep us updated on your progress.

Laz
    • Jaquare
      Jaquare
      Basic
      Thank you laz,
      I had a look at some of Asaban's video few months ago and I will need to spent more time on it!!! I am going to check the get rich or die tryin link. Unfortunately the next two-three months I will have a lot to do for my uni so I won't write regularly on here only on free times but from end of may I ll try to write weekly about what I learnt, my progress and goals.

Regards,

Jaquare
    • Jaquare
      Jaquare
      Basic
      Hi everyone,
      So after writing some essays for uni. I had a little bit of time for poker. I did not play because i am too tired and will make too much mistakes- which is the first time i think in this way. However, I start to read the 'strategy basic' again, taking notes and reading it really slowly, doing all the exercise. And even if i am just at the 'ranges and equity' part, I already realised that during 7 years I made incredible stupid mistake.
      That's all so far, as the next few weeks, a lot of work from uni is required, i guess i will just focus on strategy and try to use the 30 day trial of poker tracker 4.

Cheers all!