expose

• Jaquare
      Jaquare
      Basic
      Hi everyone,
      So i am not being regular here but I think it's time for me to be honest and realistic about my game.
      I start playing poker 7 years ago (mainly mtt) and try to take it seriously the last 4 years. Except, i didn't really take it seriously, just pretend it. I read few things but as soon as it was complicated i stop learning and just gamble. Moreover, i never been a winning player, i just pretend to myself and other that i was.
      Earlier this year i won around 8k euros and was almost even after all those years…(congrats to me)-except those few results don't mean that i progress but that i had a good rush. And i withdraw 3k and decide that i was good enough to play much higher tournament where i tilt +play badly and lost almost all (250 left) (yeah, that's bad!) How can I pretend to play higher buy-in when i am not even wining at 2/5 euros tournaments?!
      So i decided to stop poker since one week for a while and look mainly at strategy, theory,etc. I also have to focus on finishing my master, which take a lot of times. But in 2 months I will be over with uni and I will not have an internship and a job until october (not even sure i ll be accepted yet!) During this time i will have time to focus on my passions, including poker.
      However, i don't want to repeat the same mistakes over and over that I repeat since 5 years that i attribute to many aspects but mainly my lack of discipline and my pretentious lie which stop me to engage with other player by fear of being criticised. So, i am hoping by posting here it will force me to discipline myself and accept criticism and the fact that i am a 'huge fish'.
      My goals in poker will be: - take my time to learn the theories behind this game and apply it(but not learning and forgetting it the next day!)
      - order a poker tracker because i am not 'isildur1' and learn to use it properly
      - respect my bankroll, meditate and focus on the discipline.
      - try to become a wining poker player (even if it is for 0.1$ and if it takes me 10 years (slowly but surely!)
      It will take a lot of time as I have other passions and don't aim at doing just poker in my life but i will try to play seriously. So far, my only contribution i can bring to you is how to be a loosing player but i hope in 10 years, i ll be writing another story- (that i am a consistent winning player at micro limits mtt!!)

ps: sorry for my writing (i am not use to talk about me and post on forum!)

here is a motivational video that i found is pretty good and hope you'll enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcPK3y1OtPU
  • 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Jaquare,

Welcome to the blogs. :welcome:

Unfortunately not respecting proper BRM can have disastrous consequences. So now it's time to knuckle down, do the hard work and improve. Have you checked out Asaban's MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread. This is a must read for any micro MTT player looking to go on a steep learning curve. :s_thumbsup:

Have you considered taking part in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' promotion. You could win a status upgrade and make the weekly news. :s_drink:

GL at the tables :gl: and keep us updated on your progress.

Laz
    • Jaquare
      Jaquare
      Basic
      Thank you laz,
      I had a look at some of Asaban's video few months ago and I will need to spent more time on it!!! I am going to check the get rich or die tryin link. Unfortunately the next two-three months I will have a lot to do for my uni so I won't write regularly on here only on free times but from end of may I ll try to write weekly about what I learnt, my progress and goals.

Regards,

Jaquare
    • Jaquare
      Jaquare
      Basic
      Hi everyone,
      So after writing some essays for uni. I had a little bit of time for poker. I did not play because i am too tired and will make too much mistakes- which is the first time i think in this way. However, I start to read the 'strategy basic' again, taking notes and reading it really slowly, doing all the exercise. And even if i am just at the 'ranges and equity' part, I already realised that during 7 years I made incredible stupid mistake.
      That's all so far, as the next few weeks, a lot of work from uni is required, i guess i will just focus on strategy and try to use the 30 day trial of poker tracker 4.

Cheers all!