Late Registration Tourneys.

• Stimper1
      Stimper1
      Bronze
      I prefer to play in MTT freezeouts but I do not like LATE REGISTRATION which can be as much as 2 hours. Does anyone know of any sites that have either reduced Late Registration times or preferably ZERO Late Registration tourneys.
  • 8 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I don’t think there are any sites I’m playing (PokerStars, FTP, William Hill/Netbet (iPoker) and Unibet) on that have freeze out tournaments without late registration or reduce it.

I expect you need to deal with it that most poker players don’t have issues with ‘late registration’.
      What’s the reason you don’t like it?

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      You can play MTT sit&goes or capped tournaments. I also dislike late reg. It takes 2 hours before the gameplay starts. I only play them when I plan to play for many hours and can have a tournament running on the side.
    • Stimper1
      Stimper1
      Bronze
      I do not like to wait for 2 hours, actually move into a favourable position in the money, and find players getting a fresh start with buy-in chips. Same thing in live tournaments - I went to Vegas in February and every tournament had Late Registration which meant that even if I was close to the top, players could enter and make a late charge. Same thing as Re-Entry, after being knocked out a player could re-enter with no penalty for losing his stack. Time is also a factor as the tournaments take much longer to play.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      In some tournaments, late reg works in your favour, since the players buy in late are buying in with as few as 15 BB, and 2/3 avg stack (or less).

Get in early, build up a stack, and take their money as they open shove in desperation.

Cheers,
      VS
    • prisank80
      prisank80
      Silver
      Ongame network has shorter late reg, i think it is up to 30 minutes.
    • zommm
      zommm
      Bronze
      I hate long late registration periods as i hate "sitouts" at freerolls. :)
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Vorpal already said it: Late registration doesn't have to be something bad.
      In fact it benefits good players that start from the beginning.
      You have more time to build up your stack in comparison to a player the late registers and the price pool gets bigger. There is no real downside imo besides the fact that it takes a bit longer.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • uglyboy88
      uglyboy88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Stimper1
      I prefer to play in MTT freezeouts but I do not like LATE REGISTRATION which can be as much as 2 hours. Does anyone know of any sites that have either reduced Late Registration times or preferably ZERO Late Registration tourneys.
      There was ongame w/o late reg, but now i think there is none