HUSNG HUSNG and some more HUSNG.

• destro12
      destro12
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm starting a journey on husng, i have been playing poker for around 6 years now, on and off, and with a decent success, all over the place on pretty much every site you can name, pokerstars, partypoker, fulltilt, ipoker, pkr, etc, etc , etc. I started playing long time ago on pokerstars hu cash (50-100NL) had great success for the first couple of months (beginners luck?) and then all went downhill an lost like half of my 2k BR by then to a single player and decided to take a few months off the game. after my return I was on and off hucash but the whole bumhunter and game selection going on took the fun away from me and just decided to quit that game forever.
      months later enters sngs/husng. so i started playing all over the place on stars again, mostly st sng both 6 max and full table, started playing the steps and bubbled a step 7 for a ticket to punta del este uruguay lapt (at that time it was huge for me) and played some mtt every now and then, after some time i keep on playing and narrowed my game to husng, im really liking this game and keep improving at it. i played the 10s and 30s by that time at pswith success and mix in some shootouts as well, lifes good. that was around 2007/08 iirc

i stop playing regularly for several reasons and got rusty, now after a couple of years that ive picked it up again im trying to get back at it fully charged, my goal is to play the reg speeds/turbos all the way from the bottom up to a limit i can live comfortably. planning to stick strictly to aggressive BRM to minimize my risk of going busto and will update frequently. willing to play at least a couple of hours daily and update often. im planning on starting next week after i decide where to begin and with how much, and read some strategy articles. wish me luck!

as of now im leaning towards the most respected ipoker skins to begin with, probably william hill/betfair/paddypower, i know rake may be higher but if i can get a rakeback deal i should be fine, and ill plan on move later on at mid stakes to pokerstars or party. thanks for reading!
  • 6 replies
    • destro12
      destro12
      Bronze
      so i got 10on ipoker, started to play around at some cash tables and 1euro sng (not heads up, just 6max, and double ups) to get myself back on track and will start playing HU by next week probably, after the first "session" im at 15.40 usd, hope i can play some more later!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey destro12,

Nice one. :f_thumbsup: Your challenge sounds ideal for our Get Rich or Die Tryin' promotion. You could even win a status upgrade and make the weekly news. :f_biggrin:

GL at the tables :gl:

Laz
    • destro12
      destro12
      Bronze
      So im playing on betfair for now, got some 35% rakeback deal plus they run a promo called the bank job that adds another 20-30%, which is amazing, hoping to get close to 50% monthly, I ve been offered other deals on paddy power adn william hill poker, will inquire more on those rooms as well.
      So i got 20 extra on my account after raking 5 usd with the initial 10 they gave me, managed to win some sngs and have my roll up to 46.71. I have been playing the 2 euro sngs, traffic is kinda slow at times but isnt that bad at all. i try to avoid the turbos and just play the regular speed/double stack/beginners, but again, when traffic is slow i got to play those.

thanks for the info lazza, i applied to that promo as well.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi destro12,

welcome in our challenge - i am looking forward to your weekly update about how it is going for you.
      Please be so kind to give us a weekly update on Mondays, so we can include you in our overview news for our users: Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread

CU & GL!
      SvenBe

PS: I took the liberty to change the goal to $1.000 as this is the minimum per definition of our challenge :-)
    • destro12
      destro12
      Bronze
      thanks! today was a kinda slow day, only played 11 games iirc (including one limit razz sng, which i won), went 7-4 for around a 12 usd profit and won a bet on a football match (cagliari-inter) for a profit of around 5.xx, all in all i have my roll up to 53.60 since i needed to cash out around 10 to buy some stuff online. planning to go out for a jog and maybe i can get a couple of more games before i go to sleep. lets go!!

fwiw im playing the 5euro husngs at betfair/ipoker, i planned on keep doing this until i hit 150 or so, havent given much though to it tbh, i really want to use aggressive brm tho, i originally though id play the 5 until i hit 20, then id move down to the 2, luckily that wasnt necessary, and im probably go with a bit more comfortable option like 15-20 buy ins until i move up to the next level (10), but im now going to increase my move down requirement to 30 as well.

edit: should cashouts be deducted from my bankroll? can i add/subtract sports bets i place to my br?
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      Hi destro12,

Please update here you weekly evolution in order for us to keep a track of your progress:
      Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread

Tx in advance and wish you good run at the tables!