What you mean ... is poker software on ipoker manipulated?

• Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      I would like to ask you if its only my experience that on Titan there is much more beats than in other sites. Sometimes I have the feeling that some players are preffered over others. Getting flops every time they raise and that others not. Its bad when I am on the other side but even if I am inside that is something strange there.

I know that my own experience should be somehow some extreme and variance.

I read some forums that other players have the same experience. But really? Is it only variance or the software should be manipulated? Please tell me your opinion...
  • 5 replies
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      My opinion is, the software doesn't NEED to be manipulated for the poker sites to make money, so why would they bother manipulating it and risk getting caught?

They don't care who wins the hand, they get the rake in any case. It's not you against the poker room, it's you against the other players, and they just happen to get a piece of it. There's just no reason for a poker room to risk their license to print money, by intentionally trying to cheat you.
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      Ask yourself the following question, regardless of wether it is possible, why would Ipoker have singled YOU out, what do they have against YOU that YOU are being screwed over.

The answer is most likely nothing. Chalk it up to variance, and everytime someone rivers you, be happy that you got the money in with the best hand. Also, keep a notepad next to you, and note it down everytime you river someone else. You'll see, there's noting fishy going on.
    • andrewkd
      andrewkd
      Bronze
      i have vented in the past about how i have never seen so many river beats at titan than any other site, but at the end of the day i have come to accept two things
      1. It's poker, and it happens.
      2. When i sit back and watch when i play, they breaks fall my way too sometimes.

A lot of the time it happens because, the other person may not do something which is "by the book" correct in poker. Things like calling a big bets before and after the flop with 2's when the board shows A K T say, but they then manage to hit the set of 2's on the river. Whether it was correct play or not seems irrelevant, maybe they are learners, may be they are jackels, who knows, who cares. Sometimes even the most unbeatable hands get beaten sometimes.

Just never forget the times when you are able to suckout someone on the river.

Laugh about it, there's no point getting upset, it will only throw you on tilt, and then you may aswell just hand over your money and not play, save yourself the time.

Andrew
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      !!!Online poker is NOT rigged!!!
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      as written above online poker is not rigged!

pokers a game of high varrience and as a result short-term
      luck swings for you or against you. i myself lost a hell alot of
      my bankroll over the last 6 week! just through everything that can
      go against me going against me...it emoionally shook me up.

but now iv got my head back together im slowley re-building.

you say i-poker seems to give you more bad beats? well this is just
      an obbserved short term varriable. if you played 100,00 hands at your
      limit at i-poker, then the same again at say merge and the same again at poker stars, youd see over this span youd experience similar situations
      both good and bad. you win rate may be a bit diffrent at diffrent sites over this number of hands, but thats down to diffrent players play at diffrent sites.