Moving up the Micros

• Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      I decided to join the Get Rich or Die Trying. I think it is a great idea to be connected to people who share the same interests. The second reason why I want to do this is because I am having a very hard time with my mental game. Having to post my result every week will keep me some what accountable. I have studied the game long and hard. I feel like I have the technical skill to beat the micros but don't have the mental skills. This blog maybe the tool needed to break through my mental game problem so I can move forward with my poker game.

I was playing NL 10 but moved back down to NL2. I found myself spewing stacks at NL 10 and decided that until I get a better grip on my mental game I will stay at NL2. I reinforced this decision by setting my limit on Poker Stars to just NL2. Once I resolve the mental game issues I will move up the limits.

Bio
      :s_cool: I am a 33 year old male
      :s_cool: My home country is Canada.
      :s_cool: I start school in September(Was excepted at N.A.I.T for the mechanical engineering program) My girl friend and I started a small company to pay the bills until I am finished school. I do all the administrative work and she does the physical work.( Basically play poker all day while she works ha-ha. This will soon change when I am finished with school.)

Goals
      :s_cool: 1)Grow my bankroll to $100 playing NL2. (May move to NL5 at 15BI $75
      2)Grow my bankroll to $200 playing NL 5
      3)Grow my bankroll to $320 playing NL 10
      4)Grow my bankroll to $500 playing NL 16
      5)Grow my bankroll to $1000 playing Nl 25

My plan to do this

:s_cool: I will to play 20 000 hands/per weak
      :s_cool: Watch a new video every week and apply what I have leaned to my game
      :s_cool: Playing Zoom on Stars (4 tables)

I am hoping to be playing NL 25 around June 2015
  • 13 replies
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      This is the beginning :gl:

• Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey noname81,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

GL at the tables :gl:

Laz
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      Week I (Day 1)

Had a great session to start things off.

• Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      Once again my Poker game was dominated by my emotions. It is so frustrating losing at NL2. I am playing some of the worst players in the world and I am losing to them.It is so frustrating knowing I have the technical skills to be a winning player but lose because of my emotions. I can play 10 000 great hands and feel like I am in the zone and then suddenly everything falls apart. The only reason why I keep playing this game is because I keep thinking that one day the emotions are going to subside and I am going to have a steady win rate.

Used 1000 FBB for $10. Also deposited $10 Current Bank Roll -15.75

-

• Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      Not much to say. Still struggling with tilt. I did manage to play without reacting to my emotions for a good amount of hands but then my game derailed.

Used 2000 FBB for $20. Also deposited $20 Net Profit -42.90

• KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      Hey!

Did You analyze the hands which cause You tilt? Did You had more equity against Your opponent?
      Do You have steps to cope with tilt? I just stop playing sudden and try to do something else for an hour (for example wash dishes :D )

Anyway - just be patient everything comes with lot of hands - it is great experience You are getting with so many hands.
      I wish You best of luck with Your challenge!
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      Thanks KKNgroup

I have been reading through "The mental game of Poker". The book is great but I need to apply what I have learned to my game. Reading the book and not applying it to my game is a huge waste of time. For week 3 I am going to get back in to the book and start using the tools it provides to combat tilt.
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      I can tell just by your graph that you're playing super aggressively because you think you're better than NL2 (and probably are). Just pick your spots and be more patient. When you feel tilted, take a break :) GL
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      That is exactly what I need to do. In NL2 players cant fold. This weeks strategy is to drop the red line and increase blue line. A very simple ABC poker game.

Originally posted by FlashDavin
      I can tell just by your graph that you're playing super aggressively because you think you're better than NL2 (and probably are). Just pick your spots and be more patient. When you feel tilted, take a break :) GL
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      Right! Try not to bluff and just play when You hit something. And play big, when You hit something big. That is the rule.
    • adeee3
      adeee3
      Bronze
      I find it almost impossible to build up a bankroll starting with only 7 buy ins... hope to prove me wrong.
      :gl:
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      I have been depositing if required. If I go below 4 buy ins I deposit $10 so I can keep 4 zoom tables going

Originally posted by adeee3
      I find it almost impossible to build up a bankroll starting with only 7 buy ins... hope to prove me wrong.
      :gl:
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      I do not see problem there. Even in worst case sitting there playing low and play the monsters - will definately give you profit.