PokerStars Currencies

• abenum111
      abenum111
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

After i spent some time mailing with PokerStars with no success, i would like to try to get answer here. I read some suggested pages from them but i didnt find proper answer or i just cant understand. So please help me. And please explain it on my examples. Since only then i will be sure that i understand you correctly.
      First question is : does PokerStars work as an exchange office? Can i convert 100 EUR to X USD and then immediately convert those X USD to EUR and have again 100 EUR as i had in the begining ? Or there are fees and i will have less than 100 EUR?

Second example:
      I have on my account 1 EUR and EUR is my preferred currency and i will get for example for 1 EUR 1,13$ (so exchange rate is EUR:USD= 1:1,13). SnG tournament is 1,13$. I buy in it. I win some prize, for example 4$. Will i have on my account 4/1,13=3,5398 EUR or less?

Ultimately, do i lose money when i have account in one currency and i want to play in another and vice versa or not?
  • 4 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey abenum111,

This would depend. PokerStars uses xe.com rates for their currency rates so things could depend on short term forex movements. There is also a multi-currency option available so you can keep multiple BRs in different currencies.

Regards

Laz
    • abenum111
      abenum111
      Bronze
      Thank you Lazza61,

so as i understand they work as an exchange office. And about my second example, i wont get 3,5398 EUR, i will get less, right?
    • HNRoger
      HNRoger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by abenum111
      Thank you Lazza61,

so as i understand they work as an exchange office. And about my second example, i wont get 3,5398 EUR, i will get less, right?
      To clarify: Stars exchanges money on middle rates from xe.com
      According to stars terms and conditions there is a small fee on exchanges, that can potentially increase if they see suspicious activity, but i am not even sure if they always apply it, its just there to avoid people trying to abuse it as a free forex exchange. 3,5398 will probably end up like 3,50-3,535

From my experience: Even if there is a fee, its nothing considerable, and max 1% but probably less. When i changed currencies around on stars, i didnt notice any real cuts. So as long as you dont convert all your bankroll twice a day, you probably wont feel that fee either.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks for the info HNRoger :f_thumbsup: