This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

PokerStars Currencies

• abenum111
      abenum111
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

After i spent some time mailing with PokerStars with no success, i would like to try to get answer here. I read some suggested pages from them but i didnt find proper answer or i just cant understand. So please help me. And please explain it on my examples. Since only then i will be sure that i understand you correctly.
      First question is : does PokerStars work as an exchange office? Can i convert 100 EUR to X USD and then immediately convert those X USD to EUR and have again 100 EUR as i had in the begining ? Or there are fees and i will have less than 100 EUR?

Second example:
      I have on my account 1 EUR and EUR is my preferred currency and i will get for example for 1 EUR 1,13$ (so exchange rate is EUR:USD= 1:1,13). SnG tournament is 1,13$. I buy in it. I win some prize, for example 4$. Will i have on my account 4/1,13=3,5398 EUR or less?

Ultimately, do i lose money when i have account in one currency and i want to play in another and vice versa or not?
  • 4 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey abenum111,

This would depend. PokerStars uses xe.com rates for their currency rates so things could depend on short term forex movements. There is also a multi-currency option available so you can keep multiple BRs in different currencies.

Regards

Laz
    • abenum111
      abenum111
      Bronze
      Thank you Lazza61,

so as i understand they work as an exchange office. And about my second example, i wont get 3,5398 EUR, i will get less, right?
    • HNRoger
      HNRoger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by abenum111
      Thank you Lazza61,

so as i understand they work as an exchange office. And about my second example, i wont get 3,5398 EUR, i will get less, right?
      To clarify: Stars exchanges money on middle rates from xe.com
      According to stars terms and conditions there is a small fee on exchanges, that can potentially increase if they see suspicious activity, but i am not even sure if they always apply it, its just there to avoid people trying to abuse it as a free forex exchange. 3,5398 will probably end up like 3,50-3,535

From my experience: Even if there is a fee, its nothing considerable, and max 1% but probably less. When i changed currencies around on stars, i didnt notice any real cuts. So as long as you dont convert all your bankroll twice a day, you probably wont feel that fee either.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks for the info HNRoger :f_thumbsup: