MTT Pokerstrategy Sunday coachings advice

• julito23
      julito23
      Gold
      Dear PS coaches,

I would like to suggest something for whoever will carry out these coachings in the near future. As you probably know, most of the people interested in the MTT coachings, are grinding themselves on Sunday evening. Therefore, if you are 10 tabling +, it is impossible to participate in the coaching at the same time.

My question is, why don´t you record your Sunday session, and use it for a Monday/Tuesday coaching instead? I assume one of the reasons is that you wouldn´t want to have a 4 hour long coaching after a Sunday grind, which is fair enough. However, the coaching would not necessarily have to be a live replay of your session, since you could simply go over your most interesting HH´s, and therefore keeping it to a 1.5-2h coaching. Also you would not have to cover your hole cards anymore.

Is there any more reasons of why this coachings are done strictly on Sundays? I would really like to attend more frequently, but with the current schedule it´s impossible for me.

Thanks.
  • 2 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      We tried different formats and days in the past, but generally had the best feedback and most participants on sundays. A lot of people enjoy listening to the coaching while they are playing themselves. A recorded session is always less interesting to watch and the coach already knows what will happen - so it's not really a great experience and the thrill of a live session is completely missing. People also like to compare their stacks to the coaches one while playing the same tournament - quite a motivator sometimes ;)

The sunday coaching is mainly tailored towards railbirds and dedicated to fun and entertainment. Of course there will always be a decent amount of content, but that is not the main focus.

Last but not least the sunday coachings are supported by one of our partner sites and playing the tournaments live is important in order to showcase them properly.

Hope I was able to explain it a bit.
      If you have further questions feel free to ask ;)

Regards,
      Asaban
    • julito23
      julito23
      Gold
      Thanks for the reply Asaban. If that is the intention of the coachings I guess it makes sense.