This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hopefull Shopper

• mtlenway
      mtlenway
      Basic
      Hello Everyone, Marv here, I have been playing online for about 3 years with some success. I started by making a $100 deposit playing micro cash games. I lost my 100 bucks in about a week. I subsequently, made two more $100 deposits over the next couple of weeks and after 5 weeks was down $350. I made one last $100 deposit and told myself it was my last when it was gone I was done with online poker. Well I am here three and a half years later and haven't another deposit. I turned away from the cash games and found my way to playing 2 and 3 table sng's at the $5 level. After cashing a few times and increasing my bankroll to over $400, I move to the next level of $10 sng (two table). It has taken off from there. To improve my game I used my fpp's to get Harrington's 3 volume set, a couple of Sklansky's books (Theory, Holdem for Advance Players, purchase one of Helmuth's book's). And as a result I have made more than $15,000 over the past three years playing primarily Sng's. I have recently started trying my hand more regularly at the MTT game and mave managed to cash and show a profit from playing in several small $10 MTT's (usually under 200 players) Due to personal financial issues unrelated to poker, I have had to make substantial withdrawals from my bankrolls. Having deplete my bankroll down to about $1,000 I am now looking for a method to speed the recovery of my bankroll and have come to the conclusion that MTT's are the quickest method of doing so. Hence, I have been searching the net for information and coaching on MTT play to help me with this indever. I have toured this site and found some great information. I really look forward to chatting with all of you.
  • 1 reply
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Marv & welcome to PokerStrategy.

You will find us all friendly & helpful here. Make good use of the strategy guides, live coaching sessions & sample hands posts, especially in relation to BRM (Bank Roll Management). Don't take offence, but your current method still seems a little "gun-ho" to me, which might work, but you are possibly a little too open to a massive downswing.

Ditto, if you are needing money outside of poker at the moment (don't we all ;) ), should be considering limiting your exposure to gambling a little, not expanding it. Believe me, Poker is not a get rich quick plan.

The guides will explain all this if you read them carefully. Meant as a helpful suggestion for consideration, you don't of course have to follow :)

Anyway, good to see you on the site, welcome again & good luck. :D

Bart