Thinking of giving up on poker

• pacest
      pacest
      Bronze
      Hey

This could sound like a crying of a baby, but i really need some advice.
      I had a long pause in playing cause i lost the starting bankroll, so i didn't play for like 6 months. Then i picked it up again red books tried to find mistakes from earlier time play and won some money on a freeroll on Unibet got to a tournament a won €55 played on unibet for like 2 weeks and decided to refund the Full Tilt account connected to Pokerstrategy. First day was fine...
      Now have lost half the br, when playing with all the charts and articles here.
      Plain crazy is to lose all premium hands made on the flop for drawers on turn and river. it just keeps going and going and going. It just takes away all the power and will in you when losing 2 pair on the flop to a gutshot on the river and the next hand losing nut flop to a house and so on....all in one session.
      Should i give up cause the luck factor isn't just in me?

Thanks for listening...
  • 10 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Bankroll management = none?
    • pacest
      pacest
      Bronze
      does brm protect me against players who bet a draw get reraised and call to outdraw me? if it did i would be magical...brm is fine
      but when u put money alot of money into the pot and get into a situation described before i suspect that calling a reraise takes more than just a draw

can someone suggest a better method against these kind of situations?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yes, its quite easy to answer this question tbh. If you are using correct BRM and are still busting rolls, then your not good enough. It's that simple.

If you think you are capable of doing hard work, by putting in the hours to learn. Then do so.

If not, then maybe quitting is the best option for you.

Best regards,
      Stiev
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      does brm protect me against players who bet a draw get reraised and call to outdraw me?

Lol you just explained what BRM does... It protects you against variance... tbh if your using good brm and your still busting rolls... You must run worse then any of us or your simply not good enough like Cannell stated before me... It's simple as that...

If your playing cash or sng's there is no such thing as luck on the long run... Luck = Timing + Variance (imo) so well on the long run it all goes down to skills and odds...

So read the articles. enter coachings... watch the videos... and post in the sample hands and you'll stop busting rolls in no time imo.. :)

but tho I should listen to your previous answer... but I just don't believe it still that you use correct brm :)
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      what limit r u playing on poker? and what strategy are you using? sss, bss? are you playing nl, fl?there are lots of good people here that can easily help you with your problems and the articles and video's will also show you where you are going wrong, post some of the hands for example where you're losing money and the judges can tell you if you are playing the hands wrong
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pacest
      Hey

This could sound like a crying of a baby, but i really need some advice.
      I had a long pause in playing cause i lost the starting bankroll, so i didn't play for like 6 months. Then i picked it up again red books tried to find mistakes from earlier time play and won some money on a freeroll on Unibet got to a tournament a won €55 played on unibet for like 2 weeks and decided to refund the Full Tilt account connected to Pokerstrategy. First day was fine...
      Now have lost half the br, when playing with all the charts and articles here.
      Plain crazy is to lose all premium hands made on the flop for drawers on turn and river. it just keeps going and going and going. It just takes away all the power and will in you when losing 2 pair on the flop to a gutshot on the river and the next hand losing nut flop to a house and so on....all in one session.

Thanks for listening...
      I havent seen any of your hands posted in the BSS bronze forum...
    • AnderX
      AnderX
      Bronze
      U should try to play for fun respecting Br.Play money u afford to loose.Just like going to cinema.Think about your poker bankroll as smth u pay to enjoy urself.
      It takes more than a year to catch the game and be confident in ur game.
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      Are you exercising pot control??

If your up against opponents who pay very little attention to pot odds then in situtaitons where you have marginal hands like Top pair or even 2pair on a very drawy board you want to be getting to showdown as cheaply as possible as trying to win these pots with agression on the flop against these villians simple isnt working.

Dont get into a situation where your raising/reraising etc on the flop, put your flop cbet in then try and get to showdown as as harmlessly as possible. You have may well have the best hand right now but the game (more so at micro limits) doesnt end on the flop.

We all get drawn out on sometimes but they key to success with your bankroll is limiting the losses when you do, so keep those pots small and only put in the large bet/raise on the river IF your sure your still in front. if n not check it down or call.

as you start playing better limts where villians have more sense you can start taking down these pots on the flop by making it too expensive to draw but at the real micro stakes i doubt this can work as even making it expensive to draw still amounts to pennies so these bad players will always call.

Hope this makes sense?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Congratz AnderX, on digging up shitty threads no one wants to read from 6 months ago.
    • jupiterthegreat999
      jupiterthegreat999
      Bronze
      LOL