Insane in the Membrane - How Bad Do I Want it?

• Shaykh
      Shaykh
      Bronze
      :spade: Insane in the Membrane - Poker Blog :spade:

:welcome: Hello everybody, this is my first poker blog and I am really excited to get started. :welcome:

:heart: About me :heart:

My name is Tadeas, I am a 19-year old guy from the Czech Republic. I have always been intrigued by games. My first game that I picked up was chess. When I was about 6 years old I joined my school chess club and I've been in love with the game ever since. I still play but only sporadically. At the age of 11 I got into video games and my all-time favorite was Track Mania. I played a lot and I was pretty good peaking at 1500th place worldwide. My parents were never really supportive of me playing video games so I played for about an hour a day. I also fell in love with WoW and I played on various free servers as well as on the official server. As I was getting older I was looking for a new challenge and I discovered poker for the first time but I was only 16 so I deposited through my dad and I started playing just for fun. Soon after I had to leave for my year abroad as a foreign exchange student in the US so I couldn't play anymore. When I got back I changed a lot and I have forgotten about poker and all my friends started playing this really cool game called League of Legends. I immediately started playing and reached gold III in about a year a half :f_cry: . I really wanted to be the best at LoL but it didn't work out. All my life I wanted to do something extraordinary and I really hope of achieving greatness in poker.

:diamond: School :diamond:

I am a full time student at the moment but I am finishing high school in about 3 months. I am currently studying on a prestigious school in my city but I really don't like it and it's not really something that makes me happy and I hope to get it over with as soon as possible.

:club: Poker :club:

I am a beginner poker play that started taking poker more seriously about a month ago. I started playing on Stars and 888 and I have been doing good but FR isn't really my thing so I am gonna be concentrating on 6-max.

:heart: Motivation :heart:

Why am I motivated? because I want to make a living out of playing this game.
      Why I won't quit? because quitting would mean working a 9-5 job
      Why I don't want to live like everybody else? because I want to have an exciting life full of traveling, meeting great people,doing things that I love and especially full of freedom.
      Why did I choose poker? because if I work hard poker will give me the ability to achieve everything I have ever wanted.
      Why some people succeed and some don't?“When you want to succeed as bad as
      you wanna breathe than you will be successful.”
      Why did I create it this blog? because it will help me to stay focused on my game and my goals

:heart: My starting bankroll :heart:

:heart: Pokerstars - $67 (deposited $20 + $20 bonus)
        :heart: 888 - $61 (deposited $30 + $10 bonus)
        :heart: Party Poker - $30

:spade: Long Term Goals :spade:

:spade: Finish school
        :spade: Dedicate a year to playing poker
        :spade: Move up to at least Mid Stakes
        :spade: Stick to superb BRM
        :spade: Study poker daily
        :spade: Get a mentor

:club: March Goals :club:

:club: Move up to NL5
        :club: Get comfortable playing 6-max
        :club: Maintain a 50-50 study/play ratio
        :club: Update this thread daily
        :club: Make notes on players
        :club: Get Poker Tracker 4
        :club: Improve drastically
        :club: Eat healthy
        :club: Exercise daily

Thank you if you've read everything up to this point and I hope you will embark on this excited journey with me :s_drink:

:heart: Shaykh :heart:

PS: My poker blog is called Insane in the Membrane because of an achievement in World of Warcraft.This achievement is the hardest ever implemented into the game and I think poker will be a similar if not harder challenge.
  • 28 replies
    • JakubSobotka
      JakubSobotka
      Bronze
      I wish you good luck buddy! :) :f_cool:
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      Hey Shaykh I will definitely follow your blog. Good luck to you friend ! :f_grin:

BTW I also played chess when I was a little boy... discovered WoW in my early 20´s played the game for a few years... and right now just enjoy LoL and poker.
    • Shaykh
      Shaykh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AgapieGheorghe
      Hey Shaykh I will definitely follow your blog. Good luck to you friend ! :f_grin:

BTW I also played chess when I was a little boy... discovered WoW in my early 20´s played the game for a few years... and right now just enjoy LoL and poker.
      Thank you very much, I very much appreciate it :)
    • Shaykh
      Shaykh
      Bronze
      DAY 1 - UPDATE

• Get comfortable playing 6-max - my first day playing mostly 6-max and I am starting to like it more and more :gl:
      • Update this thread daily - Making my first update :s_thumbsup:
      • Make notes on players - First day actually making notes on players(feeling like a pro) :fuckyeah:
      • Maintain a 50-50 study/play ratio - Saw 2 parts of How To Master 6-max No Limit Hold'em from GrinderSchool and played about the same amount but only played 2 tables :profit:
      • Eat healthy - didn't eat as healthy as I should have(my breakfast was a calorie bomb) :(
      • Exercise daily - I went to a hookah bar to study so I didn't have time to exercise after 8 hours of school(no excuses so I will just have to get better at time management and make it work) :sorry:
    • Shaykh
      Shaykh
      Bronze
      DAY 2 - UPDATE

• Get comfortable playing 6-max - Played for a couple of hours and it's been really up and down :f_confused:
      • Update this thread daily - Second day going strong :f_thumbsup:
      • Make notes on players - Making notes is becoming a thing :appl:
      • Eat healthy - I feel like I didn't eat any bad things but I had a sweet dinner :coolface:
      • Exercise daily - Did 25m on a rowing machine while watching the Main Event so that was nice :truestory:
      • Maintain a 50-50 study/play ratio - Saw another part of How To Master 6-max No Limit Hold'em from GrinderSchool but I played for couple hours so my ratio was like 30-70 :ayfkm:
    • Owl64
      Owl64
      Bronze
      Hey. Good luck on your goals.
      Effort to solve the game = EV, so you will play better if you will study and apply knowledge.

Cheers from Poland.
    • Shaykh
      Shaykh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Owl64
      Hey. Good luck on your goals.
      Effort to solve the game = EV, so you will play better if you will study and apply knowledge.

Cheers from Poland.
      Thank you very much :)
    • Shaykh
      Shaykh
      Bronze
      DAY 3 - UPDATE

• Get comfortable playing 6-max - Enjoyed an hour of playing and it was pretty chill but still going up and down :|
      • Update this thread daily - Third day rolling :pcuser:
      • Make notes on players - I try to tag and take notes as much as possible =)
      • Eat healthy - Had a really healthy breakfast and I continued eating healthy throughout the day :s_wink:
      • Maintain a 50-50 study/play ratio - Saw another part of How To Master 6-max No Limit Hold'em from GrinderSchool and watched a streamer playing 6-max so my ratio was excellent today :f_biggrin:
      • Exercise daily - Didn't make it today because I slept all afternoon(school is killing me) :fouet:
    • Shaykh
      Shaykh
      Bronze
      DAY 4 - UPDATE

• Exercise daily - Spent the whole day snowboarding with friends :tongue:
      • Update this thread daily - Forth day writing tired as hell :f_zZz:
      • Get comfortable playing 6-max - Couldn't play because I went snowboarding :f_cry:
      • Make notes on players - I didn't play today at all :f_mad:
      • Eat healthy - Ate a lot of junk food unfortunately :s_ugly:
      • Maintain a 50-50 study/play ratio - Was out :s_frown:
    • Owl64
      Owl64
      Bronze
      Hey.
      It's totally good to give yourself a free day and you shouldn't feel that you haven't done anything.
      Even in normal jobs people have free days.

If your only schedule is: "play, train, eat et.c etc." you risk getting burned out. Add one day free from goals for every (3/7/whatever suits you) days of play. You don't have to do it of course, but you need to know you CAN take a break without feeling of a failure.

If I play every day like a robot for more than 7 days straight I really feel tired by poker and don't want to look at it.

Hope all is good for you.
    • Shaykh
      Shaykh
      Bronze
      Thank you for that it's certainly true but I really wanted to play :D
    • Shaykh
      Shaykh
      Bronze
      DAY 5 - UPDATE

-I decided to withdraw money from RK and I deposited $30 on party poker. I also played a live tournament and finished on the bubble(8/45) :s_cry: but I had a great time :s_drink: . After a lot of thinking I decided to go vegan :megusta: . I have been a vegetarian for about 2 years with a 2 month break and I have no desire to eat meat/animal products so veganism seemed like a great choice. I think it's really going to contribute to my well being and my energy, mental game will certainly go up.

• Exercise daily - Did my time on the rowing machine while watching the WSOP :s_love:
      • Get comfortable playing 6-max - Played some hours on PS and I am still struggling to make a significant profit but I am learning so it's all good :why:
      • Make notes on players - Making them notes is a practically a routine now :sifflote:
      • Maintain a 50-50 study/play ratio - Played online as well as a live and I saw another part of GrinderSchool video series :f_cool:
      • Eat healthy - Enjoyed my last day as a vegetarian so I had some pie and bunch of other unhealthy stuff :f_ugly:
      • Update this thread daily - Fifth day updating a little late :f_rolleyes:
    • frazz4
      frazz4
      Bronze
      Good luck with this!!

My advise Sturdy hard work hard and play hard! Dont loose sight of why you are doing this. Allot of people spemt their time in the room playing poker 24/7 just to get by. Thats not the plan the plan is to have a good working and social balance.
    • Shaykh
      Shaykh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frazz4
      Good luck with this!!

My advise Sturdy hard work hard and play hard! Dont loose sight of why you are doing this. Allot of people spemt their time in the room playing poker 24/7 just to get by. Thats not the plan the plan is to have a good working and social balance.
      Thank you :)
      I will keep that in mind :)
    • Shaykh
      Shaykh
      Bronze
      DAY 6 - UPDATE

Went to bed really early(8PM) because I was tired from school and staying up to 2 AM the day before.
      • Exercise daily - Watched some more WSOP while rowing :coolface:
      • Eat healthy - First day as a vegan was also the healthiest day of my life so far :f_thumbsup:
      • Maintain a 50-50 study/play ratio - Didn't play much and I fell asleep watching GrinderSchool :s_cry:
      • Update this thread daily - Sixth day updating extremely late :f_frown:
      • Get comfortable playing 6-max - Didn't really play :s_mad:
      • Make notes on players - It's hard to make notes on PP so I am still working on that :yaoming:
    • Shaykh
      Shaykh
      Bronze
      DAY 7 - MAJOR UPDATE

I am not really satisfied with this week at all. I feel like I am trying but the struggle is real. I am also losing motivation to play 6-max and I would like to try MTTs or something similar. It's just more exciting but I don't really have time for 6+ hour sessions so big MTTs are not possible but I think I might be able to try SNG but we will see. Going to continue playing 6-max till I decide what's next.

• Exercise daily - Had a PE exam at school that did the job today :s_biggrin:
      • Eat healthy - Being healthy being vegan :f_cool:
      • Maintain a 50-50 study/play ratio - Watched :heart: pokerstaples's :heart: stream and played for about an hour :megusta:
      • Update this thread daily - Updating just in time today :pcuser:
      • Get comfortable playing 6-max - Trying my best as always :truestory:
      • Make notes on players - Marking players and making notes on them as I play :s_grin:

:heart: Current Bankroll :heart:

Pokerstars - $65 = down $2
      888 - $61
      Party Poker - $38 = up $8
    • frazz4
      frazz4
      Bronze
      If you want to play MTTs why dont you start with 18 ply SNGs or 45?
    • Shaykh
      Shaykh
      Bronze
      DAY 8 - UPDATE

• Exercise daily - Watched some more WSOP while rowing :f_drink:
      • Eat healthy - It's really easy to eat healthy as a vegan :f_smile:
      • Update this thread daily - Eighth day updating in time :milord:
      • Get comfortable playing 6-max - Played only for a while because I had to study :s_confused:
      • Make notes on players - It's easy to make them notes on PS but any other site gives me nightmares :s_ugly:
      • Maintain a 50-50 study/play ratio - Played some HUSNG as well as 6-max but didn't study because of laziness/school :f_frown:
    • Shaykh
      Shaykh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frazz4
      If you want to play MTTs why dont you start with 18 ply SNGs or 45?
      Was thinking about giving it a shot and I think I should try it out.