9max Turbo SNGs ealry stage openraising

• notker88
      notker88
      Bronze
      Hello,

i want to learn more about the early game of 9max turbo sngs.

Espacially about opening ranges in the early limits. For Example:

Do you open with Q10o, J10o, 109s and stuff from the cutoff or UTG+4 when the blinds are 30/15 4 ante (a stage where u have basically just a little information about the opponent)?
      By opening i feel i make myself very exploitable and put myself sometimes in a weak spot.

Pls write your thoughts on that and pls add your ROI, buyin-limit, and sample size to your comment.

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi there!

It mostly depends on the effective stack sizes. F.e. if we have a big stack on the BTN(20bb+) and 2 shorties in the BB and SB with ~ 8bb and we are in the CO or HJ I would usually not open raise JTo, QTo or even T9s. It's not about the blind level, it's about the stack sizes contribution, how many players are left(which will affect the ICM) , game flow etc etc.

Given that we are speaking about early blind levels though, I expect usually for most of the table to be pretty deep. So then yes-I will normally open all the hands you mentioned from the CO. Sometimes if we have very aggressive players behind, I might prefer to fold them. T9s though I will prolly always play, but fold the offsuit weak broadway.

-As for my ROI, BI and sample size---lol :P That is way too personal imo to be given, but I'll tell you I play the midstakes HU hyper games now, used to play 30-100$ 6-max and 9-max games before moving to HU.

Cheers!
    • madison79
      madison79
      Bronze
      Originally posted by notker88
      Hello,

i want to learn more about the early game of 9max turbo sngs.

Espacially about opening ranges in the early limits. For Example:

Do you open with Q10o, J10o, 109s and stuff from the cutoff or UTG+4 when the blinds are 30/15 4 ante (a stage where u have basically just a little information about the opponent)?
      By opening i feel i make myself very exploitable and put myself sometimes in a weak spot.

Pls write your thoughts on that and pls add your ROI, buyin-limit, and sample size to your comment.

Thanks

I think most people would agree that you should open anything that is plus ev in that situation. Example: T10/20 and you get QTo MP1 with a bunch of players who have high fold to steal stats then yeah open it. If they have high 3 bet stats then no. Snap fold it. Also, depends on your post flop skills. Can you play post and not stack off to lite? If not then fold and wait for something better.
      Me: I steal like a pirate if I see it's right. Hell, I've opened K2o UTG with certain tables since my cards don't matter.
      Help?
    • madison79
      madison79
      Bronze
      5K plus games with 6% Roi for part-time player with full time job.
    • Arnalsan
      Arnalsan
      Bronze
      In Early game, STT, I play very tight in late/middle position and open my range in BU only. Why? to prevent somebody, maniac, shove....
      Lets suppose you're deep stack, and you raise ATo from UTG/MP/HJ and someone push on late position, you will lose your open raise......

Greetings,