BB defence with fish on SB

• opal99
      opal99
      Black
      hey all :)

I'm back from my vacation so let's start with question:

How should I tighten up BB defence range against BU steal raise, if there's 49/17 fish on my right (=> always on SB ;) ) and he always coldcalls BU openraise?

I know it depends on my opponents, but let's say BU is PS TAG or slighty LAG-TAG (24/18 - 30/22) and SB is fish with fold SB to steal ~20% :rolleyes:

I can imagine K5o is not enough, so what should I look for? What if I defend it like against CO steal attempt? Or is it not enough?

Please, take into the account that I have wonderful position: BU will 95%+ contibet any flop and SB will call his bet 70%+

Thanks for any comments!
  • 5 replies
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Hmmm...

Doing some equity analysis, giving BU ORC range, and giving SB a 25 - 80 % range, it results you could call almost any suited, and it's a looser range than the pure BB defense (vs BU). :)

So I guess I would use the range to defend vs BU steal. :P
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Please go back on vacation :D .
      This looks like 6max, right?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi opal99,

you should play as usual, add some suited hands (and pocketpairs you wouldn't call). Also add hands with showdownvalue as you have a good chane to win if you improve.

Don't go by pure equity as you often have to improve to win which makes equity less important.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Oh, OK.. thank you for all replies :)
      So, it looks like there's nothing I should change here... (time to look for other weak spots then :/)

Originally posted by ciRith
      Hi opal99,

you should play as usual, add some suited hands (and pocketpairs you wouldn't call).
      What do you mean by "PP I wouldn't call"? I never fold PP on BB for 1 SB no matter if it'll be HU or 6handed on the flop (the more people the better ofc).
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      Oh, OK.. thank you for all replies :)
      So, it looks like there's nothing I should change here... (time to look for other weak spots then :/)

Originally posted by ciRith
      Hi opal99,

you should play as usual, add some suited hands (and pocketpairs you wouldn't call).
      What do you mean by "PP I wouldn't call"? I never fold PP on BB for 1 SB no matter if it'll be HU or 6handed on the flop (the more people the better ofc).
      Well I guess I wasn't totally clear yesterday. That sentence can be ignored. ^^