This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

BB defence with fish on SB

• opal99
      opal99
      Black
      hey all :)

I'm back from my vacation so let's start with question:

How should I tighten up BB defence range against BU steal raise, if there's 49/17 fish on my right (=> always on SB ;) ) and he always coldcalls BU openraise?

I know it depends on my opponents, but let's say BU is PS TAG or slighty LAG-TAG (24/18 - 30/22) and SB is fish with fold SB to steal ~20% :rolleyes:

I can imagine K5o is not enough, so what should I look for? What if I defend it like against CO steal attempt? Or is it not enough?

Please, take into the account that I have wonderful position: BU will 95%+ contibet any flop and SB will call his bet 70%+

Thanks for any comments!
  • 5 replies
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Hmmm...

Doing some equity analysis, giving BU ORC range, and giving SB a 25 - 80 % range, it results you could call almost any suited, and it's a looser range than the pure BB defense (vs BU). :)

So I guess I would use the range to defend vs BU steal. :P
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Please go back on vacation :D .
      This looks like 6max, right?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi opal99,

you should play as usual, add some suited hands (and pocketpairs you wouldn't call). Also add hands with showdownvalue as you have a good chane to win if you improve.

Don't go by pure equity as you often have to improve to win which makes equity less important.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Oh, OK.. thank you for all replies :)
      So, it looks like there's nothing I should change here... (time to look for other weak spots then :/)

Originally posted by ciRith
      Hi opal99,

you should play as usual, add some suited hands (and pocketpairs you wouldn't call).
      What do you mean by "PP I wouldn't call"? I never fold PP on BB for 1 SB no matter if it'll be HU or 6handed on the flop (the more people the better ofc).
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      Oh, OK.. thank you for all replies :)
      So, it looks like there's nothing I should change here... (time to look for other weak spots then :/)

Originally posted by ciRith
      Hi opal99,

you should play as usual, add some suited hands (and pocketpairs you wouldn't call).
      What do you mean by "PP I wouldn't call"? I never fold PP on BB for 1 SB no matter if it'll be HU or 6handed on the flop (the more people the better ofc).
      Well I guess I wasn't totally clear yesterday. That sentence can be ignored. ^^