Sucks !

• njyrki
      njyrki
      Bronze
      Hi, im an online poker player from Finland and this thread is probably for entertaining purposes only. Just that, my situation is pissing me off ! I get no money from gov, and cant find a job and only way I could make little bit of income is online poker, since I have studied it 6 years very motivated and concentrated and I have clear plans which games and stakes I would play and could beat, easily too. I just dont have any money to start with ! [Edited by VorplaF2F]
  • 10 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, njyrki,
      To see why your post was edited, have a look at our forum principles.

To build a bankroll from nothing is not an easy task. However, the best way to do it, is by playing freerolls.

As soon as you have enough, play the lowest buy-in SnG you can find.
      iPoker has some SnGs with v low buy-ins.

Best of luck!
      VS
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi njyrki,

if you're confident that you can beat your limit, you may interested to know that we have a staking forum.

However, there are certain requirements that every staker or stakee must meet, e.g. they must have made at least 300 forum posts in the English community, which unfortunately means that you're not eligible for a staking right now.

Once you meet these requirements, though, you're welcome to try it out.

Please take a look at the staking rules over here.
    • njyrki
      njyrki
      Bronze
      Thx :D Does iPoker fave freerolls ? Never played there.. heard that it took like 6 months from Chris Ferguson to get few bucks :D and it was when player fields were smaller. Ill get more collecting returnable bottles while I walk from home to food market, maybe in six months I have a starting bankroll ;-)
      Heres a vid of me playing back in 2013 :
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICjHyTsXZDI
      (beginning is a bit boring )

My best games are full ring omaha and holdem and 6max turbo sng's
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey njyrki,

You could always take some inspiration out of RakeVictim's Beat- I'm broke, but with hope. Even if it doesn't inspire, it's a damn good read :s_thumbsup:

Good Luck :gl:

Laz
    • peddy53
      peddy53
      Bronze
      forget about it. You are from Finland lol

Poker 6 years ago is not the same as it is now and FR is only good on Pokerstars, everywhere else is kind of dead.

All the best and good luck
    • njyrki
      njyrki
      Bronze
      I played last year with three 20 euros deposits and collected about 300 euros to my bank ;-) Mostly playing zoom omaha and holdem and some small tournaments on Pokerihuone which is on Ongame network.. Allthough I dont usually play tourneys. Im from Finland so ?
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      I would not say everywhere is dead. There is still money to make from online poker but it need more work that before. And obv it`s hard to start without any money so somekind of staking deal could be an option if you really could beat the games.

However, I would recommend to you njyrki keep looking for job and try to get some unemployment money or whatever the right word is in english. Didn`t they give it to you or what is your situation about that? And if you get lucky and got some work, you can deposit some money and start to grind on your spare time. :)
    • njyrki
      njyrki
      Bronze
      I hav expensive apartment so I get left about 160 euros for food and stuff after rent :D So I can afford to make small deposits once in a while and I usually start by few 1,50 d 6max sitngos, theres rly low variance since theres fish so much. But now I got 50 dollars starting capital to NetBet, or waiting for it to arrive as I write this. Its on iPoker where I never played so need to study a bit, wheres fish and stuff :D
    • Taikajimm
      Taikajimm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by njyrkiI played last year with three 20 euros deposits and collected about 300 euros to my bank
      And you have studied and played poker for 6 years ?
      What stakes do you play?
      Your bankroll buildup sound to me a little bit small, specially to Omaha and "beating stakes"

well, or if you play only ultramicros, then it sound better.
    • njyrki
      njyrki
      Bronze
      Yes I started 6 years ago with live home games and got interested, started studying and after I turned 18 I started online poker. I played chess earlier but I prefer poker. I usually start off with my 20-30 e deposit playing ultramicros omaha and holdem (mostly omaha) and holdem 6max sit n gos (played 100 1,50 sitngos last year, with 48 cashes and 31 victories, cant find stats for 3,50s ). Highest Ive played still feeling I can beat it, is 0,10/0,25 full ring holdem and 6max omaha same stakes