This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Tim64 Live Jackpot/Spin/Twister Coachings - Strategy & Live Play

• Bigdogbob
      Bigdogbob
      Bronze
      How many tables would you play at a time at the lower stackes can be hard to make money off the 2$ pots you are playing for at the 1$ buy ins
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      If you are new to the format I'd play no more than two at a time.
    • Bigdogbob
      Bigdogbob
      Bronze
      Ok thank you see you tonight!
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      Tim what kind of extra software do you recommend outside of the hud? Also what buyin do you recommend buying a license for spinwiz at?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hi mute20, I wouldn't worry about Spinwiz until 30s (possibly 15s?). I don't think you need anything else besides tracking software/HUD.
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      Tim how many of spin and go's do you play at one time ? It seems you play a lot of hands so i would assume it is a lower amount then other formats of sng. Also do you only play spin's or do you mix in some other formats ?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Currently playing max 3 spin tables, with a few extra normal sngs mixed in.
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      Thanks for answering my questions tim. Will you be having more coachings/videos this month?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Possibly although July is holiday month so lots to organise! :f_drink:
    • mrZZM
      mrZZM
      Basic
      Hi Tim,

I wanted to ask at what stacksize you consider PoF always the best? Like 10bb less? e.g. A3o @ SB with 14bb ... or K8o with 12.. still stuff that you minraise or are Ax from SB always a push below 15bb?

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hi mrZZM

Try to eliminate "always" from your poker vocabulary. There are opponents who almost never bluff 3b and fold a huge amount to steal. Against these players you could continue to min raise your whole range right down to 6 or 7bb.

I usually push weak Ax from 10-13bb. But 'always' doing something is a poor substitute for assessing this particular opponent and deciding what's best vs him.

Best of luck to you.
      Tim
    • seacat22
      seacat22
      Bronze
      Hi Tim hope you had a great family holiday in July and are now back crushing spin and go, Inspired by your excellent and easy to follow videos I decided to give these a go and am having a lot of fun. I have two questions so I will use separate posts as i think they will interest others.

Situation HU less than 10bb low stakes
      Adjusting to Nash many villains are not push calling wide enough in this situation, if I use nash ranges I get only 35-40% equity. Should I drop these hands and only call with 50%+ and should I push wider against villains tighter calling range often >20%?
    • seacat22
      seacat22
      Bronze
      Question 2 Low stakes $1
      Adjusting to stack sizes a common situation early in tournament you get HU with either a 2 to 1 chip lead or are behind 2 to 1 . what adaptations should I make in my strategy In each of these situations?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hi seacat22, thanks for posting!

Holiday was very relaxing, thanks :) Thanks for your comments re videos - doing my best!

Nash is your "go to" starting point but I agree that we should adjust to any opponents who won't be using it. In general, if they are calling tight, it makes sense to push a bit wider. If they are not pushing as wide as they could/should then, again, adjust by folding a few more hands. In terms of how far to adjust, I would play around with ICM calculator and see how much you can 'get away with' vs different opponent types.

Hope that helps.
      Tim
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Re question 2:

A lot of people try to "protect" their chip lead when they have 2:1 and/or go hyper aggro when they have 1:2. In fact you want to continue to play according to the effective stack with whatever hand you have. If you see that your opponent is playing cautiously with the chip lead and not wanting to get their $ in bad, then certainly try to attack that - e.g. raising limps wide and so on. If you have the chip lead and opponent seems to be trying to get even quick (e.g. 3b shoving a lot) then look for ways to slow down the pace (limping buttons etc). If they are just playing same game as normal, then continue to keep the pressure on and build on your lead.

Good luck!!
    • seacat22
      seacat22
      Bronze
      thanks for the quick replies re equity and ic two points
      I use equilab to calculate 50% equity against villains perceived range, is this optimum or am I missing value in the times times where villain is bored, tilting or playing his lucky hand eg 10 2 off. Should I lower my required equity by say 10% to 45% or lower?.

I might have this completely wrong but with a winner take all situation hu I thought it plays like cash and there is no icm consideration. Happy to be corrected. If I do need an icm calculator can you point me in the direction of one. I have downloaded icm light from pokerstratergy but this does seem to have hu winner take all situation
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well yes, there is no ICM in a winner take all format but an ICM calculator will still work (it will just use pure hand equity vs range/ range vs range equity with no "ICM" tax) and is an easy tool for the job. I use Holdem Resources Calculator but ICMizer or SNG Wizard are also good. I don't think equilab will get you the right results - b/c it isn't using Nash to find the equilibrium push and fold ranges.

I'm not sure what you mean about villain being tilted or whatever. But if you think he will push or call wider or looser than optimal, you can use the icm calc to change his range accordingly and it will spit out a revised push/call range for you.

Cheers!
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      Tim will do you have any coaching's planned in the near future?
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Bronze
      As Pokerstrategy has to showcase the brand new PKR Jackpot SnGs, I guess a coaching dedicated to them is coming soon and we can brainstorm the design of Tim's PKR avatar in the meantime :f_cool:
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Yes, Jackpot Coaching on PKR is a great idea! I will ask the powers that be.