MTT HUD and Pop-ups

• PandoraMode
      PandoraMode
      Gold
      Good morning everyone,

I am a low stakes MTTSNG and MTT player and at the moment I am working at a proper HUD and pop-ups. I kinda made my hud and I believe that it is quite good, but I still have problems making a competitive pop-up. Can you guys give any advice regarding both my HUD and pop-ups especially? Can I receive some advice regarding color coding ranges for stats? The only one I succesfully managed to color code is M, but I cannot grasp exact ranges for other statistics.

MTT HUD: VPIP/PFR/3 bet/f to 3 bet/
      limp/steal/f to steal/ resteal/
      c-bet/ f to c-bet/hands/M
  • 4 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey PandoraMode =)

Personally I wouldn't invest too much work and time into a HUD vor MTT's. Imo a very basic HUD is absolutely sufficient. Therefore I am using one of the tournament standard HUD that I adjusted slightly. In general HUD's aren't very important in tournaments for the most part due to the very limited sample size on your opponents. Stats like "resteal" very much depend on the situation and therefore won't make much sense without heavy filtering which would lead to insufficient samplesizes.

A basic MTT HUD contains the most important basic stats: Name/Hands/VPIP/PFR/3bet/M
      You can add stats like steal or add RFI instead of PFR (it's closer to what you would expect from the stat).
      Also note that f23bet is the "wrong" stat. The correct stat would be "Fold to 3bet after raise". Otherwise the stat takes hands into account in which the player was acting after someone 3betted without being involved in the hand at all.
      Example: UTG opens, SB 3bets, BB folds to 3bet, UTG folds to 3bet after raise

Regarding color coding: I prefer keeping it simple and only gave a very basic coding to VPIP and PFR. Very loose stats being green. The tighter a player gets the darker red it gets.
    • MIM1C
      MIM1C
      Bronze
      yo Asaban, are you sure default 'fold to 3bet' counts hands villain is not involved in? I never saw it change for those, but than again, might have not paying attention on that.

PS: I have HM2, not PT4
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      I am sure for PT4. Please check yourself for HM2. Should be easy to google it.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • pocarr
      pocarr
      Basic
      I think it's worth putting the time and effort into your hud and studying frequencies to enable you to play a highly exploitative style at the tables. Essential stats like RFI by position can make a huge difference in your game. It is tough to get a sample size on the field but over time you will learn more and more about your opponents and be able to exploit them in different ways.
      Pop ups are also incredibly useful, my current most used pop up is the 3bet vs position by position pop up. This enables you to see the frequencies in which a player 3bets the small blind vs your button open. If we see this figure deviate form the norm massively even over a small sample we can widen our 4bet and calling ranges to combat this, and be fairly certain its the right play. In mtts we have to use our HUD as a guide and make assumptions knowing they're not bulletproof but in the long run the theory should pay dividends.