SSS c-bet AK?

• deezle
      If I have AK and am first to act on the flop against one opponent should I c-bet with AK if i don't have a made hand? It seems like every time I c-bet I always get reraised by mid pockets. Also if I get reraised should I put the rest of my stack in?
  • 5 replies
    • TheBrood
      Against good/observant players I would cbet since they will fold many hands.
      Against fish I wouldnt recommend it. As you said, they reraise mid pairs which means they figure you're a fish because of your small stack. If they reraise midpairs then you are behind if you dont hit flop.
    • straddler71
      I would c-bet here, if you get raised after c-bet it really doesn't matter since you have put most of your chips into the pot, you have to call. Even if your opponent has a small or medium pocket you still have outs to win the hand.
    • alejandrosh
      the strategy says so, and I do think it's better to cbet , at least we don't fold the best hand that often.
    • davidangel
      vs one villian the c-bet is a powerful tool. Remember to make your bet size based on the board, not on your hand. Thus you become unreadable. If you are reraised you have to calculate pot odds vs hand odds to go all-in (calling is to weak) IF your c-bet is called you need to put villian on a range and decide to 2-barrel or not. Oop i prefer c/r or c/f and Ip i will often check behind with only overcards (if a draw opens up I prefer to bet as semi-bluff/value bet)
      I agree with TheBrood about the fish, against bad players sometimes a check is in order. I would still always c-bet on a board with broadway cards showing, a scary-drawy board or a BDFD against these fish, I have noticed they prefer to reraise on 9 high dry boards.
      hope this helps
      happy chum hunting!
    • TheBrood
      I've seen good players just call your cbet with TPgK or better, and bad players will prob shove with med pair on low-card-board, they play based on the board and their hole cards.

Against bad players(stations) I wouldnt cbet since you have like zero FE, against average or better I would.