[NL2-NL10] NL2 Suited aces

• Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      Titan Poker 0.01/0.02, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker
      Visit Hand HQ to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and levels.

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($6.55)
      SB SB ($6.05)
      BB ($0.83)
      UTG ($4.99)
      UTG+1 ($1.25)
      MP hero ($2.08)
      CO-1 ($3.26)
      CO ($5.80)

Preflop: hero is in MP with A:diamond: K:diamond:
      UTG calls 0.02, UTG+1 calls 0.02, hero raises to 0.08, 3 folds, SB raises to 0.14, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls 0.12, hero moves all-in for 2.08, SB calls 1.94, 1 fold.

Flop (4.43) 5:diamond: J:heart: 2:heart:

Turn (4.43) 2:spade:

River (4.43) 7:spade:

It was against player with stats 89/21. I expected I would squeeze cos there were another limper to his aggression. I also thought AKs is such big hand I cant mind fold. And there were another thing, last hand I had to muck was

Titan Poker 0.02, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker
      Visit Hand HQ to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and levels.

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($3.26)
      SB ($5.81)
      BB ($6.60)
      UTG UTG ($5.76)
      UTG+1 UTG+1 ($1.13)
      MP ($4.91)
      CO-1 ($1.25)
      CO hero ($2.12)

Preflop: hero is in the CO with A:heart: 4:heart:
      UTG calls 0.02, UTG+1 raises to 0.04, 2 folds, hero calls 0.04, 2 folds, BB calls 0.02, UTG raises to 0.30, UTG+1 calls 0.26, 2 folds.

Flop (0.71) 6:heart: 2:heart: 3:heart:
      UTG bets 0.80, 1 fold

This one puts me on semi-tilt against him. How should I play first one and second. Should I call both of them
  • 6 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      First hand.. if he is that aggressive... alright I guess. The thing is if he has pockets your win over time with that hand will be 0 hence you should not move all-on preflop since that player will not fold his hand.

Second hand you have the nuts on the flop, unless he has 4 5 of hearts... why did you fold?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1) nh
      2) nh You don´t flop often enough flush to make call pf profitable.
    • Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      First hand (second in timescale) I moved allin and my opponent shows AA. The other hand I folded preflop. I think about first hand if there is much more hands than AA KK calling my agression to be profitable cos with AKs you dont only need to make your opponent fold preflop but extract some value ass well. I am comfortable to do this in the late stages of tournaments when have 20BB or less to see turn and river against QQ- and extract value from wide range of cards. But in this spot I am not sure it was right decision cos vilian knows I am not too lose to go ALLIN with any two and were very likely to fold much hands. Another thing is if his play is standard NL way to play AA. He said something like aces again... I may suspect him he had aces ass well at another spot which I folded preflop. So is the line limp/raise or minraise/reraise standard PF way how to play aces and should I play this way or at least expect others to play this way?
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Sorry misread second hand. Good fold pre-flop.
    • Spineless
      Spineless
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      First hand.. if he is that aggressive... alright I guess. The thing is if he has pockets your win over time with that hand will be 0 hence you should not move all-on preflop since that player will not fold his hand.

Second hand you have the nuts on the flop, unless he has 4 5 of hearts... why did you fold?
      he folded pre flop.

hehe , a friend of mine keeps telling me : get used to it , it's not about winning hands it's about winning money and Ah4h won't do that long term.
      Good play imho.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alafoe
      First hand (second in timescale) I moved allin and my opponent shows AA. The other hand I folded preflop. I think about first hand if there is much more hands than AA KK calling my agression to be profitable cos with AKs you dont only need to make your opponent fold preflop but extract some value ass well. I am comfortable to do this in the late stages of tournaments when have 20BB or less to see turn and river against QQ- and extract value from wide range of cards. But in this spot I am not sure it was right decision cos vilian knows I am not too lose to go ALLIN with any two and were very likely to fold much hands. Another thing is if his play is standard NL way to play AA. He said something like aces again... I may suspect him he had aces ass well at another spot which I folded preflop. So is the line limp/raise or minraise/reraise standard PF way how to play aces and should I play this way or at least expect others to play this way?
      NL 2 you get called a wide range of hands.
      Not really can say how players play their aces, some play raise/4-bet, some just call to extract more value with worse hands, some limp/raise.
      Depends a lot of the players.
      I would suggest playing raise/small re-raise when someone re-raises.