Problem Players..

• cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Hi Guys,

I just want to ask how should I hand these type of players as they become trouble to me since I started playing SH:

VPIP: 20/PFR: 18/AF: 7/FoldToSteal: 75/Steal: 26
      F3B: 100/F4B: 100/3B: 17/4B: 0
      FFCB: 67/FTCB: -/FRCB: -
      CBF: 64/CBT: 83/CBR: 0
      FFR: 100/FTR: 0/FTFB: 100/FRFB: 100

My take on this type of players is to 3bet them a lot, raise their cbets and float a lot. This is over 400 sample btw. I'm not sure how to adjust my range preflop especially when they are on my left. Should I tighten up my openings? Or play the same range and 4-bet everytime he 3-bets until he fights back? What type of range is good to be flatting IP against his 3bet?

Thanks!
  • 7 replies
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      No one?
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      :f_p: :f_rolleyes: :f_frown:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He cardman021,

400 Hands is a good samplesize for VPIP and PFR as you can call/raise any hand. However, for 3bet etc - stuff that you do less often 400 hands is NOTHING.
      You can expect that the player is not going crazy with his style as VPIP/PFR indicate.

Unfortunately when I wanted to link you some stuff like [url= http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/2269/1/]Average Preflop Ranges: TAG[/url] I saw that you only have a basic status - so we can either wait for other users to discuss (having a blog and discussing there helps) or till you have a higher status :-)

CU,Sven
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Hmmm.. what sample size would you think is okay before making any evaluations?
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      I would steal any 2 cards against him, depending on how often he folds to steals *by position*. You should also add in raise first in by position (EP - SB). Then you should remove the steal% since you will have these by position. I would also 3bet him quite a bit since he has been folding over this sample. However, as sven points out your sample size is quite low. How often do you think people on your limit 3bet him? Probably not often. So his folding to 3bet is probably over a very small sample of occasions - don't read into that too much.

He isn't actually cbetting a stupid amount and he seems close to an optimal frequency if I'm not mistaken. Since he cbets the turn 83% why do you think floating is a good plan? I would just cbet a lot of equity against him and plan to barrel. His stats seem like a standard ABC reg.

Basically, consider what any particular statistic is telling you. What is the focus? Open raising? 3betting? What about river cbetting? Now consider how often each of these occur. It is obvious that statistics like fold to 4bet and river cbet, or fold to flop raise, will require MANY more hands than things like VPIP/PFR. Thus there is no 1-samplesize-fits-all when considering individual statistics, so it is very important that you keep these things in mind before you start thinking about exploiting.
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      Lol thanks DrDunne, I missed-look the CBF and CBT stats so forget about the "float a lot". The main problem I'm having against these type of players is when their on my left and focuses more on them 3betting me a lot..
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Yeah it is annoying. You can just tighten up a little against them. Or you could start 4bet bluffing if they really are 3betting wide and trashy. Or you could call and float. There are things you can do other than leaving the table, but it all depends whether you wanna be getting yourself into these spots