This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Satellite strategy?

• MIM1C
      MIM1C
      Bronze
      With the $9M guaranteed Sunday Million just around the corner, as a micro stakes grinder, obviously cant afford to buy in for $215, but would really like to win a ticket. Searched videos for any satellite strategy, but found none. Would be cool if someone made one :f_grin:
  • 16 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He MIM1C,

we don't have much but 3 pieces are in stock, have a look: LINK. Especially the Bubblefactor video is one that i can definitively recommend, so you can make sure to not make -EV pushes and calls when it's close to in the money
    • MIM1C
      MIM1C
      Bronze
      Thank you very much, I will definitely check them out!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Just checked the 3 video’s SvenBe gave to you and the video’s are for Silver+ members. So that will not help you much as bronze member. I recommend if you specific satellite questions to post them on our tournament section. This way you get feedback of players that used to play satellites as well.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • MIM1C
      MIM1C
      Bronze
      Oh what a bummer, I was just about to check the videos out, since I went to bed after I saw SvenBe's reply
    • LeNNy010
      LeNNy010
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MIM1C
      With the $9M guaranteed Sunday Million just around the corner, as a micro stakes grinder, obviously cant afford to buy in for $215, but would really like to win a ticket. Searched videos for any satellite strategy, but found none. Would be cool if someone made one :f_grin:
      Did you play in the satellite yesterday? It was a pretty good way to get in and fun as was. My kings got called by a draw and I got busted out, but hey that's poker.

Played some bigger field tournaments myself and sorry for popping your bubble but it's a very long shot to win in a field like that. With so many players + their skill level. I don't know what your BR is currently but I would stick to that for now. You can play a MTT on your buyin idea once a week if you like the idea of winning big, I do that myself with the Sunday Storm weekly.

Best of luck!

Len
    • chadel4e
      chadel4e
      Basic
      I played and its hard to win one!
    • bhmorte
      bhmorte
      Bronze
      I was out.
    • MIM1C
      MIM1C
      Bronze
      I got pretty decent ROI in the $1 round 1 satty. won about 5x $11 tickets (out of ~20 played) to the deadline sattelite, but unregged all. I said to myself I will play the $11satty if I win another $1 satty today, but unfortunately I didn't win any, so I'm not playing the $11 deadline sat, nor the million. GL for anyone that's playing it!
    • LeNNy010
      LeNNy010
      Bronze
      That's a pretty nice score man!

Little off topic, but your picture is scary is hell M1M1C 8-o
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Hey MIM1C

It's true that if you have any weaknesses in your game they are multiplied if you use a satellite strategy, and multiplied again for each tier in the strategy, which produces a very large -EV.

I have always felt that Tournaments could produce the most unexpected +EV.

Whenever I felt I was a little in front I would try a satellite. I have won half a dozen entries into big tournaments, and min cashed only once :-( I discovered I play like a maniac in the satellites, and get gun shy when sitting on a $1000 ticket, (except once when I had KK on the third hand and was first to leave KKK Vs AKQJ10 :-).

Also we will generally have very little experience in a big field, deep stack, slow blind structure tournament when we get there.

The Dream is a big cash, the excitement is in the playing, and satellites are worth playing.
    • janmajay1027
      janmajay1027
      Bronze
      jj
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by janmajay1027
      jj
      Do you have any questions about this topic?
      Otherwise it’s I think a good idea that you Introduce yourself!
      Than we know you a little bit better.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He there,
      please find the first part of Tiltbergers satellite video: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/35573/

Enjoy!
    • naujkr
      naujkr
      Bronze
      ogogogog pokerstars ejjejejejejje hi guys
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey naujkr,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

Why don't you take a moment or two to Introduce yourself! to us properly.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • Post removed