Satellite strategy?

• MIM1C
      MIM1C
      Bronze
      With the $9M guaranteed Sunday Million just around the corner, as a micro stakes grinder, obviously cant afford to buy in for $215, but would really like to win a ticket. Searched videos for any satellite strategy, but found none. Would be cool if someone made one :f_grin:
  • 16 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He MIM1C,

we don't have much but 3 pieces are in stock, have a look: LINK. Especially the Bubblefactor video is one that i can definitively recommend, so you can make sure to not make -EV pushes and calls when it's close to in the money
    • MIM1C
      MIM1C
      Bronze
      Thank you very much, I will definitely check them out!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Just checked the 3 video’s SvenBe gave to you and the video’s are for Silver+ members. So that will not help you much as bronze member. I recommend if you specific satellite questions to post them on our tournament section. This way you get feedback of players that used to play satellites as well.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • MIM1C
      MIM1C
      Bronze
      Oh what a bummer, I was just about to check the videos out, since I went to bed after I saw SvenBe's reply
    • LeNNy010
      LeNNy010
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MIM1C
      With the $9M guaranteed Sunday Million just around the corner, as a micro stakes grinder, obviously cant afford to buy in for $215, but would really like to win a ticket. Searched videos for any satellite strategy, but found none. Would be cool if someone made one :f_grin:
      Did you play in the satellite yesterday? It was a pretty good way to get in and fun as was. My kings got called by a draw and I got busted out, but hey that's poker.

Played some bigger field tournaments myself and sorry for popping your bubble but it's a very long shot to win in a field like that. With so many players + their skill level. I don't know what your BR is currently but I would stick to that for now. You can play a MTT on your buyin idea once a week if you like the idea of winning big, I do that myself with the Sunday Storm weekly.

Best of luck!

Len
    • chadel4e
      chadel4e
      Basic
      I played and its hard to win one!
    • bhmorte
      bhmorte
      Bronze
      I was out.
    • MIM1C
      MIM1C
      Bronze
      I got pretty decent ROI in the $1 round 1 satty. won about 5x $11 tickets (out of ~20 played) to the deadline sattelite, but unregged all. I said to myself I will play the $11satty if I win another $1 satty today, but unfortunately I didn't win any, so I'm not playing the $11 deadline sat, nor the million. GL for anyone that's playing it!
    • LeNNy010
      LeNNy010
      Bronze
      That's a pretty nice score man!

Little off topic, but your picture is scary is hell M1M1C 8-o
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Hey MIM1C

It's true that if you have any weaknesses in your game they are multiplied if you use a satellite strategy, and multiplied again for each tier in the strategy, which produces a very large -EV.

I have always felt that Tournaments could produce the most unexpected +EV.

Whenever I felt I was a little in front I would try a satellite. I have won half a dozen entries into big tournaments, and min cashed only once :-( I discovered I play like a maniac in the satellites, and get gun shy when sitting on a $1000 ticket, (except once when I had KK on the third hand and was first to leave KKK Vs AKQJ10 :-).

Also we will generally have very little experience in a big field, deep stack, slow blind structure tournament when we get there.

The Dream is a big cash, the excitement is in the playing, and satellites are worth playing.
    • janmajay1027
      janmajay1027
      Bronze
      jj
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by janmajay1027
      jj
      Do you have any questions about this topic?
      Otherwise it’s I think a good idea that you Introduce yourself!
      Than we know you a little bit better.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He there,
      please find the first part of Tiltbergers satellite video: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/35573/

Enjoy!
    • naujkr
      naujkr
      Bronze
      ogogogog pokerstars ejjejejejejje hi guys
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey naujkr,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

Why don't you take a moment or two to Introduce yourself! to us properly.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • Post removed