In Hard Work I Trust

• XcreminatR
      XcreminatR
      Gold
      Hey Guys

About Blog:

This blog is going to be my journal grinding up the stakes in NLHE HU and SH games and dealing with personal development and working on financial freedom.

My Story:

I'm 25 years old and live in Vienna. I started playing Poker 2009 during my military service. I never took it serious till 2012. Since then I grinded up to NL 100. At the moment I'm grinding mostly NL50/100 SH FR and HU so I mixing it up a lot :D

Background:
      In 2011 I entered an MLM company selling investment funds which I believed would be my future where i make a lot of money. I always was quite talented so my mentor talked me into quitting my job and doing that business professionally. I never really liked it but people always viewed me as the rising star with a lot of talent so i kept going. Problem was due to the fact I didn’t like it a lot I was quite lazy. After 4 years with very unsatisfying progress i relished that this company will never be my future cause deep down I really hated those kind of MLM schemes so I quit. What stayed is a lot of debt that accumulated over the years with low income and high expenses for pretending a „big Lifestyle“. In the meantime I managed to grind up to NL 50/100 and making about 35k in 2014. So I decided to play poker professionally.

My biggest „Skill“ is finding profitable Games which made it possible to win at high win rates even with an average technical skill. I started this blog as an additional source of motivation and to improve my game.

there are some major Poker areas I'm going to work on:

Biggest priority has Grinding Volume:
      I want to work my way up to playing100k hands per month during that year
      at the moment I'm working on 70k.
      the goal is to grind 40h per weak with about 650h/ hour. I'm at 35h / 450 at the moment

Next topic is theory work which should be around 10 hours per week.
      Analysing Spots and creating Ranges in CREV
      Session Reviews in HM2
      Analysing the playerpool and creating an exploitative gameplan
      Hand evaluations in the blog

Mentalgame:
      I'm working through The Mental Game of Poker 1&2 at the moment
      and I'm not looking at my results (will only look at the end of the month)

Long term Goals:

Move Up: to NL400/500
      Pay all my debt (~15k)
      Making 10k€/ month

• 19 replies
    • Isill
      Isill
      Bronze
      Good luck XcreminatR !
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Great start of the blog. Some fantastic goals lined up. Will follow and wish you all the best!
      BTW, what sites do you play at and is it reg speed or zoom?
    • XcreminatR
      XcreminatR
      Gold
      I play regspeed only on small pretty unknown european sites which are not even available for international players :-)
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Welcome to blogs XcreminatR! :)

Gl with your goals and I will be following your progress.
    • XcreminatR
      XcreminatR
      Gold
      First thing to work on are systems and daily routines. I established many habits over the last months (system at the end of the post) which I'm quite disciplined doing. The only thing yet missing is a routine behind it. I was just randomly doing them during the day which cost a lot of time and energy. “Good” thing is I have more time than usually because I'm not able to do sports cause of an injury (bursitis –is a f**kn b**ch). So I'll create a plan which includes all of my habits that need to be done.

Grinding:

My best days are obviously Friday & Saturday followed by Thursday & Sunday so I want to grind most on those days. Thus I will start my week on Thursdays, will have a poker free Monday leaving Tuesday and Wednesday for filling up the volume.

I'm going to grind 40h a week. (done 33h since last Thursday so it should be quite achievable :D )

Theory:
      I'm doing 7,5 hours per week atm but I want to push it to 10h for starters

Daily stuff:
      Session Reviews where filter for situations where I already have a gameplan but not implement is properly.
      Blogging + Hand evaluations in the Forum. (20mins each tue-sun => 2hours/ week)
      + 15m Mental stuff

Weekly stuff:
      Things like constructing Ranges, Database-analysis, Working on HUD & Notecaddy...
      (2h tue-thu => 6hours)

Other habits:
      Stretching: (daily ~30min)
      Tidying up: (daily 10min)
      Finances: (daily 6min(to-be improved))
      Meditating(daily 5min(to-be improved))

So Morning routine:
      get up at 11. Bath – drinking water – stretching – shower – Breakfast – Tidying up – Finances – Meditation – Sessionreview – Blog – Metalgame
      should be able to do this within 3hours

Fri-Sun grinding with breaks an sports till 04:00 :P – 6 and 10h
      Tue-Thu 2hours theory and then grinding 4-6 hours
      (will schedule it more specific one day but want to implement morning routine first)

System of habits:
      If I'm building a habit I start very small (started stretching for 2mins, or theory for 10 mins etc.) and increase it for 20% every week. during the first month I'm doing them every day no days of (no weekends, no holidays, no birthdays :P ). It takes some time till u are at the Volume u want do do it but with that system I never failed to build a habit if I tried to start with high volume I failed 100% (with this simple system I was able to change my whole life).

• XcreminatR
      XcreminatR
      Gold
      Ok let's go for the first update:

I played for around

5,5 hours although i actually only wanted to play 4 but the Action kept me at the tables and played 2,5k hand :D Had a funny HU Opponent yesterday who openshoved about 50% of his hands with 40bbs and than even with 100bb so i managed to win 400bb within 60 hands ^^ would like to have that kind of opponents every day.

Technical area I'm working on atm is picking up autoprofit spot focusing at delayed cbeting and bettingvs skipped cbet cause my playerpool is folding insanely lot! I actually have an errorrat with my airtype hands of 0ver 30% so I'm loosing quite a lot in this area. It's basically a focus problem cause the errorrate gets higher the later in the session or the more tables I play.
      Got all habits done which I wanted to do but im still sturggling with the schedule so I'm still very inefficient :(

Some hands from Yesterday:

River call was tilt call i think he is never Bluffing there and he could have the A quite often Opponent was kind of nitty reg. Flop im x/calling cause i think his betting range is bigger Than his calling Range and it's hard for him to hit anything when i block the Q. I guess i shlould x/r T to get some value from his draws and str8?

PKR, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $55.43 (110.9 bb)
      SB: $80.64 (161.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q
      SB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, SB calls $3

Flop: ($9) Q J J (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $5, Hero calls $5

Turn: ($19) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $12.66, Hero calls $12.66

River: ($44.32) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $58.48 and is all-in, Hero calls $33.27

Results:
      $110.86 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: Q J J A A
      Hero showed Q Q and lost (-$55.43 net)
      SB showed A J and won $110.36 ($54.93 net)

Boss, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Haven't had my best day yesterday mindsetwise :(
      Wanted tur turn my hand into a bluff on Turn and hit my 2 Pair options should be b/f or x/c i guess? i think opponent was fishy enough to call TT+, Qx or sometimes 9x but I dont know actually. calling his raise is ofc just burning money -.-

Hero (BB): $48.50 (97 bb)
      SB: $80.76 (161.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7 5
      SB raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.50) 5 9 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $1.87, Hero calls $1.87

Turn: ($6.24) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $4.68, Hero raises to $12.48, SB calls $7.80

River: ($31.20) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $15.60, SB raises to $65.16, Hero calls $17.30 and is all-in

Results:
      $97 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: 5 9 6 Q 7
      Hero mucked 7 5 and lost (-$48.50 net)
      SB showed 8 7 and won $96.50 ($48.00 net)

See Ya tomorrow
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      How it’s going on the moment with your games?
      Further I wish you all the best with playing SH and HU cash :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • XcreminatR
      XcreminatR
      Gold
      Hey Guys!

Last week was kinda crappy results at the poker Tables where ok! But a fell out of most habits :/ I only grinded 12k hands and about 32 hours of 40 I used the weekend to fix the problems I had last week. I started again today (yesterday was my free day) with fixing my habits and did the most important stuff in the morning.
      This week is going to be quite challenging cause the WE is stuffed with activities :-S but goal is to grind at least 16k hands and 40 hours. besides i cut down my theorie volume a little because I was overwhelmed and fell short with grinding volume and motivation. So I'm going to push my grinding Volume first and then the theorie Volume.

• XcreminatR
      XcreminatR
      Gold
      Hey there.

Short Update: Yesterday was quite nice: I actually did most of the Tasks that needed to be done. Volume wise I grinded only 4 hours because we had a meeting after training yesterday. One thing that bothers me a lot is the habit of getting up: When my arlam rings it often happens that i shut it down and go back to bed (it's placed on the other site of my room so I even have to get up to turn it off) I was able to get up when the alarm rang for over 1,5 months but i fell out of that habit again :( somebody has advice?
    • XcreminatR
      XcreminatR
      Gold
      Hey Guys! Yesterday was a great day! I checked of all of my habits and grinded for 9 hours with over 4k hands. Today I also managed to get up on time and finished my morning routine wthin 2,5hours.... I wasted about 30 mins on Facebook and Youtube so there is some stuff to improve :D

Important question: Is somebody reading this? I feel quite alone :P And if yes: I'm an unexperienced blogger, what should I do to make the blog more interesting?
    • XcreminatR
      XcreminatR
      Gold
      Once again :D not many answers yet but I'll keep going :D Yesterday I played a bit less than i wanted cause I was seting up new Sites but Iplayed about 6 hours and 2,4k hands and i looked at the graph (naughty boy) and it looks sweet :D but more at the end of the month (i predict more action after that in this blog cause everybody wants to see $$$$ or bitches xD ) I also started to Coach three friend of mine Topics: Sports, Studying, and Poker :D I'll keep you up to date (hoping at least someone reads this :D I guess next week I'm going to go training again cause my Bursitis is nearly gone.

See Ya
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by XcreminatR
      Hey Guys! Yesterday was a great day! I checked of all of my habits and grinded for 9 hours with over 4k hands. Today I also managed to get up on time and finished my morning routine wthin 2,5hours.... I wasted about 30 mins on Facebook and Youtube so there is some stuff to improve :D

Important question: Is somebody reading this? I feel quite alone :P And if yes: I'm an unexperienced blogger, what should I do to make the blog more interesting?
      I will try to check your blog sometimes, but with so many blogs here I have missed it this month so far.
      Your updates look good to me :f_thumbsup:

How are the cash games going this month so far?

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Following like I said before. You seem to be doing great so far. Keep updating more regularly if possible, I am very curious how long will it take you to crush NL100+ - with this approach within months or year tops!
    • XcreminatR
      XcreminatR
      Gold
      Hey there ... lets get started again last 50 Days where quite solid pokerwise. Only bad thing is that some of my habits fell appart due to changes and experimenting around. Actually my learning habit totally collapsed :( which caused that im not improving and not motivated that much. So im basically starting from scratch again. I'll start to study 30 mins every day directly after my morning routine and work my way up from there! Also I'll update that blog more regularly :D just lost the motivation a bit :D

• SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Nice graph :f_thumbsup:
      It’s for me difficult to believe that you didn’t get motivated if you win more than 8k in almost 80k hands.
      I would sign for it :f_pleased:

How it’s going last week with playing?

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • XcreminatR
      XcreminatR
      Gold
      Getting started again....
      Austrian Champinship in Latin Formation Dancing is over: Bad thing we got second and didn't win ... again . Good thing I have my life back and can concentrate on poker more. Started with Spin& Gos some Weeks ago. I'm planning to play mostlyHU and Spin's during Summer and to improve my Game a lot.
      And now it should be possible to update the blog more often :D

cya
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That would be nice. How started June for you?
    • XcreminatR
      XcreminatR
      Gold

Had better starts in the month so far. But volume is kind of ridiculous ^^ 95% nl100 btw
    • XcreminatR
      XcreminatR
      Gold
      Quick Update: June really sucked and start of July as well. So I'm not Playing at the Moment. I'm doing more theory atm. I want to get my winrate up to 20bb inkl RB (which is possible since I'm mostly HU bumhunting on smaller sites :P atm I'm at roundabout 14bb )

I'll start to creat a Gameplan vs unknown and then the different playertypes. First Project is to creat a berreling plan in 2bet and 3bet pot vs the population on 12 Boards.