This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25, 99, turn push

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,00
      BU:
      $25,65

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:heart: , 9:club: . Hero posts a blind of $0,25.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,85, BU calls $0,85, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,05) 5:heart: , 7:spade: , 3:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $1,25, BU calls $1,25.

Turn: ($4,55) A:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2,90 (All-In), BU calls $2,90.

River: ($10,35) 6:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10,35

Turn brings one of the ugliest possible cards, so I wonder whether to continue with aggression makes sense... ...I thought I was already more or less commited, so I decided to just push. Now that I look I should bet some more on the flop, but I don't think it would change much.
  • 2 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Personally I would have bet $1.5 on flop to protect because of the FD, but if the board had been rainbow i would have made it $1.25. Still shorties don't normally need to protect so hard which leads me to say your flop bet wasn't actually that bad.

Ugly Turn But i still push, pot is 1.5 times bigger than our remaining stack.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Turn brings one of the ugliest possible cards, so I wonder whether to continue with aggression makes sense...
      Well if you did not show iniative by checking, that would not represent an Ace in your hand would not it ? ;)

An ugly card but still you are committed to this hand so I go all-in. And the board on the flop is quite flushy so I would bet 3/4 so around $1.6 - $1.75.

Best regards,
      Gerv