Poker which tiON plays *SH

• RetireD2019
      RetireD2019
      Platinum
      Hello everyone !

My name is Tomas, I am 25 years old. Live here from Poland. I was playing poker for the last 5 years with some winnings. For the whole time I was playing for living with not the best winratio but still learning, studying and making an incredible volume. Despite the fact that I was working on myself all the time I am still not a good poker player. That's why I am where I am.

Why blog?: I have not the best time right now. The main reason that I am on the bottom of my life is the fact, that I couldn't make solid bankroll which let me to walk through the life comfortably. Every time when I was on the top I had to spent my money (credit, trips, life, health) I was always able to roll up with the money which I left on my bankroll but after last cashout I am almost dead. Probably my mindset is not able to handle problems in my real life. That's why I am so result oriented.

I am not afraid of taking a job - during my poker journey I was working multiply time helping my father, family, friends which couldn't make their projects by themselves but now, I am not able to take job for the next 2 months because of my decisions from the past. That's why I am still looking chance to earn some money in Poker. Moreover I was always believing that Poker can give me an opportunity to make some wonderful things. I was able to travel, meeting new friends around the world, getting huge experience. I was able to open my first buisness which is already gone but I've learn a lot during this process. I have still a lot of an ideas about my future, buisnesses which can I make with the money. That's why I've never quit poker even though I am so bad...

Other hobbies: eSports and Japanese culture are still one of the most important part of my life, I am still a Gamer (8 years SC:BW, 2 years CS: S, now HearthStone) and when I was on Intel Extreme Masters in Katowice my eyes brimming with tears. That was something amazing watching this now, and had memory from the past when esports was beginning in small basement <3 I am proud of bying part of this and hopefully that I will be have much more impact in the future d(^_^)b

O.K... When I get my money from NetPoker I will start to play NL2 ZOOM on PokerStars. I will be grinding probably every day for whole day except for sundays with some breaks on food or doctor visits. I will be streaming my game on twitch, so every single follow and constructive criticism will be huge for me !:)

Bankroll: 25$
      Stream: www.twitch.tv/godliketion

• 8 replies
    • RetireD2019
      RetireD2019
      Platinum
      I didn't get my money yet from NetPoker to Skrill and I have no Idea how long I will be waiting, that's why I made OPR charts from the positions + watched some w34z3l's vidoes. I was playing NL2 for the last one month with ~8bb/100 after ~80k so I am mainly based on my experience and w34z3l's knowledge ^^ Let me know if you have other point of view.

UTG ( 12.4% )

MP ( 16.7% )

CO ( 21.3% )

BTN ( 47.5%)

SB ( 36.3% )

There is a lot of nonefull stacks players on NL2, that's why many of my open decisions depend on the gamers who are sitting behind me... High Life Guys!:)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by RetireD2019
      There is a lot of nonefull stacks players on NL2, that's why many of my open decisions depend on the gamers who are sitting behind me... High Life Guys!:)
      Hi, RetireD2019,
      Yes, that is wise. It is also important because a lot of those small stacks call quite wide.

The questions then become:
      :diamond:   Do you open wide knowing they'll call with worse?
      or
      :diamond:   Do you tighten up to give yourself a bigger edge?

For me, the answer depends on how they play post-flop. If they're aggro, you'll need a bigger edge, if they're passive, or they can fold to aggression post flop (or both) then you can loosen up yourself -- as long as your own post-flop skills are sound.

Peace,
      VS
    • RetireD2019
      RetireD2019
      Platinum
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Hi, RetireD2019,
      Yes, that is wise. It is also important because a lot of those small stacks call quite wide.

The questions then become:
      :diamond:   Do you open wide knowing they'll call with worse?
      or
      :diamond:   Do you tighten up to give yourself a bigger edge?
      Hello VarpalF2F, you are the first one on my blog. That's amazing !

In my opinion, call open is very hard to learn in Poker from the beginning... My experience shows, that a lot of people on NL2 are calling much toooo much and they are folding a lot vs cbets. That's why I want to play much more and taking my edge on the flop. This is something that I need to practice a lot, cause I have a lot of troubles with call open + I dont really know how to make a solid gameplan. That's not a best side of my game... :)

I've already started today... I would like to play 5-7k hands per day. There is no time to hesitate for me... I will start streaming tomorrow :)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hello VarpalF2F, you are the first one on my blog. That's amazing !
      No problem!
      I was intrigued by the title, and by your user name which seems to indicate you're retired.

Have you seen this thread: Who is our oldest PokerStrategist? ?

I've already started today... I would like to play 5-7k hands per day. There is no time to hesitate for me... I will start streaming tomorrow :)
      What service to you stream on? How do you announce when you're streaming (or do you )?

Cheers,
      VS
    • RetireD2019
      RetireD2019
      Platinum
      I was streaming on twitch.tv but... I need to stop do it for some time cause I want to play in another room. I've got 10$ on NetBet and I want to play there to make platinum status on PokerStrategy.com ^^

I dont have any tracker cause HoldemMenager doesn't work anymore on PokerRooms, that's why I dont really know how can I improvig myself without it, so pity that I can't sell it anymore, every single dollar would be huge! ^^

At least after 5 days I've already made 55$ on PokerStars and 55$ on NetBet. I can still play without hud on the lowest stakes but I would like to buy HM2 when I will be sleep well without any money problems. I am still watching W34z3l's Walkthrough, so if you have any other ideas about working on my game, tell me <3
    • redindian77
      redindian77
      Bronze
      Hi RetireD2019,

How is your progress so far?

I also plan on following w34z3l's video series to improve my micro sh game. I like the clarity with which he teaches concepts.

Have you tried using Hold'em Manager 2 with a trial? That way you can run it for 30days (another 30days with pokertracker 4 trial :f_grin: ) while you save up some bankroll so you can buy it.

For interest, what were your stats like for those 80k hands? (I assume you can still import your hands with HEM)

Regards
    • RetireD2019
      RetireD2019
      Platinum
      Hello redindian77 ! :) Welcome to Life's GOOD crew :)

I've already made 75$ on NetPoker but I had to cashout my PokerStars money for food. There is much harder to beat rake on iPoker than that microlimits I guess.. :<
      I can't use HM2 and PT4 anymore, I've already used it + HM doesn't work... I can't even import hands from rooms ~~
    • redindian77
      redindian77
      Bronze
      Glad to hear that your grinding well. Pity about HM2 and PT4 - there is another alternative that isn't as elegant but it is free: Free Poker Database (FPDB). The link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fpdb/ (it's open source, so I think it is allowed to post the link).

It will at least serve the purpose of analyzing hands and stats. There is a HUD as well but mine doesn't seem to work on ipoker.

Anyways good luck at the table, keep us posted!