Getting out of the fishpond, my journey to moving up.

• RMSjoshua
      RMSjoshua
      Bronze
      Hello,

Here I am in the middle of the night after a bad session.
      So who am I?
      I am Joshua a fishy player from Holland. As you might have noticed my English isn't exactly the best there is but it will have to do.
      At the moment (this year) I'm not in college because I quit the college i was attending too. Because of my rather unfortunate time I dropped out I wasn't able to find another School to switch. So until the end of this school year I'm just working some days a week at a job I just HATE to pay for some of the bills I have nowadays, but besides this it also leaves me with some free time where i can practice my hobby: Poker.
      About my poker life so far:
      I'll just start of by saying I'm a fish and why? Because I have been only 18 for 2 months so I don't have that much experience because of the legal age to play poker. I have played a lot with friends before that but that isn't the same as with the regs and fishes online.

Why this blog:
      I thought it would be an great idea to maintain a blog about my poker progress to reflect for myself , but also to get some motivation in times I'm not running to great. I wont update this Blog everyday because some days my work shedule is a bit rough and it leaves me with little to no good time to play, but i will update this blog on a consisted basis (at least i hope).

What are my goals:
      So far i didn't really set out any goals so i guess it might be time for that.
      1. Beat 2nl with an consisted win rate.
      2. Learn to use my HUD given by my coach.
      3. Improve my post flop play.
      4. Have a good time shedule for things i have to do (work,sporting again,gf, poker etc.

Ultimate goal (for now)
      Reach a bankroll of $1k

Probably tomorrow when I read this I will feel ashamed of my writing structure but hey its a start.

oh yeah i forgot my challenge so here is my challenge:
      Starting roll: $46,04
      initial Goal: $1000.00

So let the game begin!
  • 24 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Joshua,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Btw, your English is fine. :s_thumbsup:

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • RMSjoshua
      RMSjoshua
      Bronze
      So first week

The first update is pretty late when I said I would update frequently.
      The reason I didn't update during the week is that I wanted the first update to be one where I have a good result which wasn't the case.
      But hey in the end we finished only 1BI in the red. For now I wont include anything from bonus to rakeback but maybe in the future i will.
      RMSjoshua Joined: 01.12.2014 Posts: 7 Today, 10:22 Week 1

Hands 4.032
      result -$2.93
      Br: 43.11

Graph
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      GL!!! :f_thumbsup:
    • RMSjoshua
      RMSjoshua
      Bronze
      Finally things are starting to go my way :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: at least for now

played 3 short session but cant say i,m dissapointed
      Now we are getting somewhere

Hands 1313
      Result +$12.73 :sfishy: :sfishy:
      BR : $55.84

Graph

I also found some currency errors in my previous post hope its all fixed for now :transpire:

A hand i really liked:

Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $2.31 (115.5 bb)
      BB: $2.02 (101 bb)
      MP: $0.87 (43.5 bb)
      CO: $2 (100 bb)
      BTN: $1.79 (89.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A 6
      MP calls $0.02, CO folds, BTN raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04, MP calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.24) J 3 3 (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP bets $0.04, BTN calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, BB calls $0.04

Turn: ($0.40) 5 (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.28, MP calls $0.28, BTN folds, Hero raises to $0.64, BB raises to $1.82, MP calls $0.49 and is all-in, Hero raises to $2.21 and is all-in, BB calls $0.10 and is all-in

River: ($5.01) 2 (3 players, 3 are all-in)

Results:
      $5.01 pot ($0.33 rake)
      Final Board: J 3 3 5 2
      Hero mucked A 6 and won $4.68 ($2.66 net)
      BB showed Q K and lost (-$2.02 net)
      MP showed A A and lost (-$0.87 net)
      BTN mucked and lost (-$0.10 net)

Do note the 3 other people who saw the flop were playing a LOT of hands and because of reads i did what i did
    • RMSjoshua
      RMSjoshua
      Bronze
      2nd week

I didn't get in much volume this week. I'm currently switching jobs which results in lots of work and longer days until the 13th and less volume in poker.
      Buttt we almost doubled our bankroll :sfishy:
      I've played some sesions cashgame but after my good sesion earlier this week things kind of stayed the same.
      So here is the cashgame graph.

but on the other side i played some free SnG's because i still had some free tickets and made a good buck playing these.

Resultwise this week i was obviously happy.
      Playwise I am mostly happy but i think i could've avoided some bad moves I made. And my coach makes sure i,m staying in the right mindset and challenges me to improve which is good.
      Volumewise: I am not happy about my volume so next week I will try to get in double volume of this week at LEAST.

This weeks summary

Week 2
      hands played: 2136
      Profit: $12.56 + $29.08 in free SNG = $41.64
      Bankroll: $84.75

My goals for this week are:

1. Play at least 5.000 hands starting from now until next monday.
      2. Put the knowledge i got from my coachings to use.
      3. Try playing without looking at my sessions results because i noticed they influence my play.

I dont know if i will update during this week otherwise i will update next monday.
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      WoW
      Great start for a beginner :-)
      Looking forward to your development success
      :-)
    • RMSjoshua
      RMSjoshua
      Bronze
      3rd week

@GoOnCal1 : thankyou for following !

This week has been a really shitty week for me so first let me show the graph why

So i dont know what just happened but i think there might have been a little doomswitch :P
      The result between 3k and 4k hands really demotivated me and made me tilt so i had to quit until i felt better.
      luckily I have a good friend who always is willing to sweat me and help me when i feel shitty poker and life wise so for next week we will play our A-game again and fish some fishes :sfishg: :sfishg:

goals last week

1. Play at least 5.000 hands starting from now until next monday. :profit: achieved
      2. Put the knowledge i got from my coachings to use. :why: 50% achieved?
      3. Try playing without looking at my sessions results because i noticed they influence my play. :profit: Mostly achieved

Goals for this week.
      1.play at least 6.5K hands starting from now until next monday.
      2.Finish w34zels videos series.
      3. apply the same coaching knowledge from last time to use again
      4. make usefull notes during next coaching and talk them over with buddy.
      5.clean my garden for my boxing bag

So Gl everybody and see you next time!
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Cheers RMSJoshua
      HM is great for review, I assume you are analysing your play for trouble spots ?
      Why don't you post a hand or two where you think you have been outplayed or were marginal.
      Or a couple of examples where you were felted on the downhill leg.
      :-(
      Are you playing full ring full stack $2NL? Are you a Nit or a Manic?
    • RMSjoshua
      RMSjoshua
      Bronze
      Hey GoOnCal1 Here are some of these hands.

Hero (SB): $3.56 (178 bb)
      BB: $3.84 (192 bb)
      UTG: $0.74 (37 bb)
      MP: $2.12 (106 bb)
      CO: $2.24 (112 bb)
      BTN: $2.06 (103 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J K
      UTG raises to $0.04, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.03, BB folds

Flop: ($0.10) 7 5 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.16, UTG calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.42) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, UTG calls $0.54 and is all-in

River: ($1.50) 4 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $1.50 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: 7 5 6 J 4
      Hero mucked J K and won $0.00 (-$0.74 net)
      UTG showed 8 A and won $1.40 ($0.66 net)

SB: $2 (100 bb)
      BB: $3.53 (176.5 bb)
      UTG: $0.66 (33 bb)
      Hero (MP): $2.62 (131 bb)
      CO: $2.14 (107 bb)
      BTN: $3.47 (173.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A 6
      UTG calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, CO folds, BTN calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.33) J K 8 (4 players)
      BB bets $1.30, UTG folds, Hero raises to $2.54 and is all-in, BTN raises to $3.39 and is all-in, BB calls $2.09

Turn: ($9.65) Q (3 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: ($9.65) 8 (3 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
      $9.65 pot ($0.64 rake)
      Final Board: J K 8 Q 8
      BB showed 6 Q and won $9.01 ($5.54 net)
      UTG mucked and lost (-$0.08 net)
      Hero mucked A 6 and lost (-$2.62 net)
      BTN showed J 4 and lost (-$3.47 net)

this might be a weird hand but these two people played any two cards but still what i did couldve been prevented

SB: $3.59 (179.5 bb)
      BB: $2 (100 bb)
      UTG: $7.23 (361.5 bb)
      MP: $1.23 (61.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $2.08 (104 bb)
      BTN: $2.13 (106.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T A
      UTG calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, BTN folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds, UTG raises to $1.14, MP folds, Hero raises to $2.08 and is all-in, SB calls $2.00, UTG calls $0.94

Flop: ($6.28) 9 8 K (3 players, 1 is all-in)
      SB bets $1, UTG calls $1

Turn: ($8.28) Q (3 players, 1 is all-in)
      SB bets $0.51, UTG folds

River: ($8.28) 5 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $8.28 pot ($0.55 rake)
      Final Board: 9 8 K Q 5
      SB showed 5 A and won $7.73 ($4.65 net)
      UTG mucked and lost (-$3.08 net)

SB: $4.61 (230.5 bb)
      BB: $2.12 (106 bb)
      UTG: $2.34 (117 bb)
      MP: $2.63 (131.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $3.10 (155 bb)
      BTN: $0.46 (23 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q J
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.15) Q 9 Q (2 players)
      MP bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.35) A (2 players)
      MP bets $0.17, Hero calls $0.17

River: ($0.69) J (2 players)
      MP bets $0.48, Hero raises to $1.54, MP raises to $2.30 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.76

Results:
      $5.29 pot ($0.35 rake)
      Final Board: Q 9 Q A J
      MP showed A A and won $4.94 ($2.31 net)
      Hero mucked Q J and lost (-$2.63 net)
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Hey Josh ;-)
      I meant post in the hands section lol.
      I have only just started playing short tables this month. Got a little to learn yet, will show my results at the end of the month, hopefully it will show the learning curve :-)
      $2NL is a donkfest, you can fold a lot of coin flip situations because the blinds and opening bets are so small, and expect they will often stack off to you when you are a clear favourite

Regards GoOnCal1
    • RMSjoshua
      RMSjoshua
      Bronze
      So 4th week and again not such a good week , but hey they will come!

here is the summary of the week
      4th week
      hands played: 5624
      Profit: -$12.08
      Bankroll: $68.81

and he is the graph of this week

and my goals :
      1.play at least 6.5K hands starting from now until next monday. almost
      2.Finish w34zels videos series. achieved
      3. apply the same coaching knowledge from last time to use again achieved and still working on it
      4. make usefull notes during next coaching and talk them over with buddy. made usefull notes and talked about them
      5.clean my garden for my boxing bag boxing bag parts were wrong so had to wait for new ones

I,m pretty happy about me achieving my goals only the volume thing i,m gonna cut out of my goals since i want to focus more on my play since the last 500ish hands got a real good result because i was more focussing.

So my goals for this week are:
      1. watch the first half of the series "get out of the micro's"
      2.again put my knowledge from coaching to use.
      3.work a bit on mindset, because this gives me really good boosts.
      4.Clean my room super neatly so i dont get distracted.
      5. try to find a good gaming laptop which i maybe can buy for my new school with price of maximum 800 euro
      6. pick up my accounting home study and finish 2 chapters.

so thats it for this week.
      see you next week :D
    • svonja
      svonja
      Bronze
      Hello Joshua, your English is fine. Just go for it.
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      :f_cool:
    • RMSjoshua
      RMSjoshua
      Bronze
      5th week :sfishg: :sfishg:

This week was really good for me both poker and both real life so lets start with the poker part

here is the summary from this week
      5th week
      hands played: 2992
      Profit: $15.46
      Bankroll: $84.27

and here is my graph

and goals from last week:
      1. watch the first half of the series "get out of the micro's" coach didn't agree to just watch everything i want so we skipped this one
      2.again put my knowledge from coaching to use.Achieved as far as i can say :sfishg: :sfishg:
      3.work a bit on mindset, because this gives me really good boosts. Achieved!
      4.Clean my room super neatly so i dont get distracted. cleaned everything what i can see when play poker but want to clean the whole room as well
      5. try to find a good gaming laptop which i maybe can buy for my new school with price of maximum 800 euro I tried but havent found the thing i was looking for yet
      6. pick up my accounting home study and finish 2 chapters. :sorry: this i MUST pick up in next couple of weeks i want to finish the course before new school starts

Poker wise I had a pretty good week, and why? I worked on my mindset watched a couple of videos on the subject and graph and confidence goes BOOM :sfishy: .
      even tough i,m happy about my result or rather my play in particular there is one thing what bothers me, VOLUME.
      as seen in the graph i,m not happy about my volume 3K a week is just not enough in my taste, I can make excuses like: work was rough long etc.
      but one thing: excuses dont bring me anywhere! so next week discipline mode on get in that volume in, mindset up , and fish some.
      and the same goes for the goals i didnt finish this week no excuses! and if i fail these without a good reason i have to face the consuquences.
      so next weeks goals are
      1. yes volume get it in again 8K at least this week
      2.do some research for a good driving school where i can get my license fast etc.
      3. keep up the current motivational mental state.
      4. 2 sessions of physical workout (not to heavy just getting started again)
      5. clean my whole room

The consequences for failing these ....

okay i dont know these yet since i want the to do something positive for my life so if you know anything let me know and until next week :sfishy: :sfishy: :sfishy:
    • RMSjoshua
      RMSjoshua
      Bronze
      6th week!

hi everybody so here is week 6!

this week was pretty rough for me since i was sick 2 days and i just had to do my best to achieve my goals for this week, but cant say i,m dissapointed.

so as always her is this week graph.

And if you look you can see a nice peak!

i started the week just breakeven but then i got sick and i just started spewing so next time i wont play when not feeling good. but as you can see after i recovered things all went better and better.
      and today i played my last hands but i shouldve stoped a bit earlier since i started spewing a bit because i wanted to get the 8k hands down.
      also here we learn a lesson dont rush the goals you set up!

so here is the summary of the week
      6th week
      hands played: 8006
      Profit: $23.31
      Bankroll: $107.58

And here are the goals from last week:
      1. yes volume get it in again 8K at least this week Achieved
      2.do some research for a good driving school where i can get my license fast etc. sort of , planned my theoretical exam (28th of may) until then i cant plan my practical one
      3. keep up the current motivational mental state. still motivated! so achieved
      4. 2 sessions of physical workout (not to heavy just getting started again) even this one achieved , cleaned the garden so lifting 25K stones for the boxing area, and just some other small workout
      5. clean my whole room :sorry: i cleaned it a bit more than last time but still not neat enough

I wont be making goals for next week this time, because i will update the thread on the 30th of april to summarize my month and set up my goals and all for may.
      so wish me luck on the tables , as i wish you all luck too.

and until then :welcome: :sfishg:
    • RMSjoshua
      RMSjoshua
      Bronze
      So may lets begin..

But first the summary of april.

april has been a pretty rough month for me, but besides it being a rough month i learned a lot and it made me more motivated again.
      i also worked a lot on my mindset in april since it degraded so much first half of the month.
      I am happy about the result of april because despite a lot of suckouts and badbeats ,or lets just call it variance :P i did recover in the end.

so here is the final result of april

also besides poker ive set up goals across April which i tried to accomplish, i,m satisfied with the goals i accomplished since we can't always achieve all the goals we set for ourselves.

but hey lets leave april behind us....

and get ready to CRUSH may :sfishg: :sfishg:

So for may i already set up some monthly goals where some of them i will update through the weeks.

but these are my goals for may:

atleast 31K hands , i hope more
      watch at least 1 or 2 mindset videos a week.
      watch at least 1 or 2 videos about other poker learning stuff
      review every session and rate it.
      join a gym and work out at least 2 times a week

so these are my goals.

thats it for now see you all on monday
    • RMSjoshua
      RMSjoshua
      Bronze
      7 is a charm :P

so 7 weeks down.

begining of may has been the quite oposite of april since the graphs and result kind of look the opposite.
      I also had a lot of free time this week so we grinded a lot (for my usual) so here is the graph

thats right were up a lot :P , its still 2NL but its in multiple currencies so the buyins might be bigger than 2USD

also really happy about volume wise, and both my play.
      I can really see improvement since the start of my blog in my playstyle which i,m very happy about.
      and who knows maybe we will go up a stake and take a shot in the near future.

so a summary of this week
      7th week
      hands played: 7696
      Profit: $39.11
      Bankroll: $146.69

also our may goals

4th day into may but havent played today so we cant really count it but were already ahead 4000/ 4760 +760
      so were keeping up so far which is good.
      havent watched any pokervideos yet since this isnt a full week but will watch some this week.
      I reviewed my sessions and rated them thus far.
      unfortunate i havent joined a gym , i,m currently thinking about 2 gyms but havent decided which one i,m going to join.
    • RMSjoshua
      RMSjoshua
      Bronze
      week 8

wow week 8 has being a tough one, not so much of pokerwise but more real life,
      this week i worked my butt of i think i worked 60+ hours in different job (yeah sucks a lot but it has to be done).
      and pokerwise, not the greatest volume of all time but we are still on track if we dont count this day as the 11th day yet since i didnt play yet today.
      as for my goals:
      I joined a gym finally :sfishg: and had a workout woohoo, but i got to say, daym i,m weak :( but hey that will come after some months of training.
      i have watched a mindset video which boosted my motivation again as always.
      didnt really watch any pokervideos, i watched some streams , had coaching etc etc.
      I reviewed most of my sessions will review the rest after i,m done writing this blog and i also rated all my sessions thus far.

If we dont count this day as played yet were on track with the hands : 10.000 /10176 +176

ohh and before i forget the graph of this week and my summary

8th week
      hands played: 5418
      Profit: -$10.92
      Bankroll: $135.77

so now i,m off playing and reviewing
    • RMSjoshua
      RMSjoshua
      Bronze
      week 9

Not such a good week but we didnt play terrible.
      happy about volume tough

not so motivated to write the blog this week

so here is the graph with summary

9th week
      hands played: 6667
      Profit: -$7.38
      Bankroll: $128.39