New project!!

• cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

The last 4-6 weeks I've been mad busy with sports betting. So apart from the BOD's, i've not played poker at all. I have finally updated the past 7 years of sports book history I have saved on my comp. So I can now make time for poker again, just to unwind really.

I'm looking for a small project. I will start a blog and keep everyone updated. What would you guys suggest? What project would you guys like to read about and follow? What type of poker? What buyins?

If you have any idea's or suggestions, let me know ;)

Regards,
      Stiev
  • 12 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      HU sng's micro limits on stars, work out good strategy for them :P
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      HU sng's micro limits on stars, work out good strategy for them :P
      very good idea, I've been screwing around in micro limits HU sng's on titan, and without having a real strategy I've been getting a steady 25% ROI, I'd be interested to find out how it can be done better.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      I would be interested in techniques of how to go deep in MTT's. You sure do seem to have the knack in BOTD etc.

Probably not the type of thing suited to a blog as such, but maybe you could do some kind of live coaching, video or written techniques etc.

I tend to use the sss (close version of) in early play, although did read an excellent item from a platinum member recently stating you should limp early on (only as realatively cheap xBB) with pocket pairs & suited connectors etc which I've been trying with mixed results.

Whilst my overall play is ok & I'm doing well in most games, think my middle and end play can also do with a spring clean :)

Any thoughts would be most welcomed.

Bart
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Bronze
      HU cashgame. nl25+
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Thx for the feedback. I am however still undecided.

As soon as I get the time away from my sports betting, I am actually having private HU coachings. Therefore I don't want to start now, and pick up bad habits.

I had every intention of playing MTT's as my main daily grind, sometime in the future. The only problem is the amount of time I have to play atm. Which isn't enough time to play MTT's. Also a MTT blog could only be readable and interesting if it includes something extra. Otherwise it'd just be boring imo.

The search continues,
      Stiev
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      i think some nice micro limit limit sss and bss grinding would be good, some graphs and hands as appopriate. Dunno really its up to you, whatever you think is most profitable.
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      i have just started BSS so obv that would be a massive help to me, maybe set yourself a challenge or sumthin to grind up the micro's or something like that, would be great
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Due to the god damn awful racing over the next week or so, I am having abit of a break. I may go away for a few days, not sure yet though.

So I am going to play quite a few higher buyin MTT's on the sports sites.

As there isn't many MTT's on offer, I will mix it up with some SnG's and maybe some micro stakes cash games, to fill up some spots.

Until I decide on what I am going to concentrate on long term, I wont be making a blog though.

Thx!
      Stiev
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      i think it would be interesting if you made an CHALLENGE blog.
      you define goals and finish them. like achieving 100 dollars starting with 5 in 2 weeks. those kind of things.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Due to the god damn awful racing over the next week or so, I am having abit of a break. I may go away for a few days, not sure yet though.

So I am going to play quite a few higher buyin MTT's on the sports sites.

As there isn't many MTT's on offer, I will mix it up with some SnG's and maybe some micro stakes cash games, to fill up some spots.

Until I decide on what I am going to concentrate on long term, I wont be making a blog though.

Thx!
      Stiev
      A break sounds like just the trick (& well deserved too).... Enjoy !

Bart.
    • jimmyy99
      jimmyy99
      Bronze
      i agree with LPLDS.A challenge blog would be great.Or something lke 25nl...
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

@ LPLDS, I've built many rolls in the past, and such a "challenge" relies alot on luck. Therefore I think its a waste of time.

@EasgleStar88, THX! :D

@jimmyy99, gratz on your 1st post ;) 1st of many I hope, see ya around ;)

I have played a few higher MTT's, and broke even

But Titan stuck £91 on my old account as a monthly bonus. So I tried about 3k hands of SSS, while playin my MTT's. The bankroll is now £230ish, so I may write up a SSS project blog (already been done, but it'll keep my mind active).