This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQ Nl4 Fr

• jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      8 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($3.87)
      UTG+1 ($3.74)
      Hero (MP1) ($9.17)
      MP2 ($1.67)
      CO ($1.97)
      BTN ($3.60)
      SB ($2.49)
      BB ($4.06)

Pre-flop: ($0.06, 8 players) Hero is MP1 Q:diamond: A:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.16, 2 folds

Flop: 9:heart: 6:diamond: A:diamond: ($0.38, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.19, BTN raises to $0.38, Hero raises to $1.19, BTN folds

Final Pot: $1.95

Hero wins $1.85 ( won +$0.50 )
      BTN lost -$0.54

Is my line good, after his minraise I dont know where am I standing, so i go for raise/fold.
  • 4 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Preflop is ok.On flop your main problem imho was too small continuation bet especially on this board.Your cbet should be at least 2/3 pot size(0.25),but on this board(2 suited cards) for protection you should bet 3/4 pot size.It's difficult to play such hand being OOP and you don't tell anything about opposition.If he
      normal player I`d prefer to fold (often you see set,maybe semibluff with fd) or if he is too aggressive call and b/f turn.If on turn is dealt 3rd suited card c/f.
      Good luck :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dallievas
      Hi,
      Preflop is ok.On flop your main problem imho was too small continuation bet especially on this board.Your cbet should be at least 2/3 pot size(0.25),but on this board(2 suited cards) for protection you should bet 3/4 pot size.It's difficult to play such hand being OOP and you don't tell anything about opposition.If he
      normal player I`d prefer to fold (often you see set,maybe semibluff with fd) or if he is too aggressive call and b/f turn.If on turn is dealt 3rd suited card c/f.
      Good luck :)
      +1
      Thoughts about flop play:
      Imo it is 3-bet and getting your money all-in on the flop. No need to give him free turn card and then c/f turn, I rather like 3-bet flop, like hero did and getting my money all-in.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I agree with you Kaitz20,if we against bad opp who raises with pp,dominated hand or good opp who can raise-semibluff with flush draw.But very often I`m seeing this line with sets.It`s NL5,we often ( I`m too have this) overplay our tptk.That`s why I suggested to fold.I should admit that it's hard to me to balance my play with tptk,overpair against microlimts regulars.
      Thank you. :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dallievas
      Hi,
      I agree with you Kaitz20,if we against bad opp who raises with pp,dominated hand or good opp who can raise-semibluff with flush draw.But very often I`m seeing this line with sets.It`s NL5,we often ( I`m too have this) overplay our tptk.That`s why I suggested to fold.I should admit that it's hard to me to balance my play with tptk,overpair against microlimts regulars.
      Thank you. :)
      Against nit b/f is fine, but I doubt that player who doesn´t buy-in max amount would be that tight.