Shell I play SM $11 as a shot?

• husky333
      husky333
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I play MTT's for fun (have more experience in SnG) with ABI around $2:f_wink:
      My question is would it be a waste of money to play the $11 Sunday Millions as a shot eash Sunday or should I play a few $4 tourneys rather than one $11 tourney or maybe the $1.10+R 3x-Turbo $44 Gtd.?

Cheers.
  • 15 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      The variance in those $11 satellites are enormous I think, because only 1/21,5 gets a seat.
      Also you need to beware that the ICM around the bubble is ugly there.
      If you’re not familiar with playing satellites I don’t recommend taking shots on it.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      If you're playing for fun then I'd definitely play the $1R, They're cheap and you can play several of them. I used to play them on now and then when I just want to chill out, so many bad players and crazy play, cashing is easier than you may think for a $1, as they're so cheap people pump in them dollars like noting until they realise they have no more bankroll :D
    • husky333
      husky333
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      The variance in those $11 satellites are enormous I think, because only 1/21,5 gets a seat.
      If you’re not familiar with playing satellites I don’t recommend taking shots on it.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
      For some reason I am not getting email notifications.

I didn't mean satellites I was talking about the Sunday Million $300k guaranteed tournament for $11 where there are more than 4k paid places.
    • husky333
      husky333
      Bronze
      Some times I am too busy to play and some other times I can I play a lot like this month.
      I have been playing micro stake tournaments up to $2 and last weekend made 3 final tables (3rd, 5th and 7th place).
      I also started playing 90 man SnG and slowly building my BR.

I would probably be money scared playing $11 tourney as it it out of my BR:f_biggrin:
      My BR is $500 at the moment and $1r tourneys sound good. I will give them a shot but only on Sundays. I try to play freezout tourneys rather than rebuys as the variance is huge.
    • PandoraMode
      PandoraMode
      Gold
      Originally posted by husky333

Cheers,
      SDK1987

I didn't mean satellites I was talking about the Sunday Million $300k guaranteed tournament for $11 where there are more than 4k paid places.
      That tournament is called Sunday Storm, not Sunday Million so that's why SDK thought that you were speaking about the 11$ sattelite to Sunday Million.
      With a 500 dollars bankroll you can play the following: up to 3.30 freezeout and no rebuys. That 1.10R/A 3x turbo feels too much like a lottery for me pre addon and you can pump dangerous amounts of money in it. You can add 1 180 man and 1.5 90 man ko and the big 4.40 and 5.50 on sundays. I believe that playing like this will keep your abi around 2 dollars and you'll have 250 entries for them, more than enough for microstakes.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by PandoraMode
      Originally posted by husky333

Cheers,
      SDK1987

That tournament is called Sunday Storm, not Sunday Million so that's why SDK thought that you were speaking about the 11$ sattelite to Sunday Million.
      With a 500 dollars bankroll you can play the following: up to 3.30 freezeout and no rebuys. That 1.10R/A 3x turbo feels too much like a lottery for me pre addon and you can pump dangerous amounts of money in it. You can add 1 180 man and 1.5 90 man ko and the big 4.40 and 5.50 on sundays. I believe that playing like this will keep your abi around 2 dollars and you'll have 250 entries for them, more than enough for microstakes.
      +1.
      You can also try to play the $2,20 or FPP satellites for it to qualify for the Sunday storm, before you take a shot on it. It’s a lot cheaper and the satellites are pretty soft I think.
    • husky333
      husky333
      Bronze
      Thank you for all your suggestions :f_thumbsup:
    • svonja
      svonja
      Bronze
      my advice is to try, no much to lose but u can get a lot
    • husky333
      husky333
      Bronze
      Originally posted by svonja
      my advice is to try, no much to lose but u can get a lot
      What a great advice! :f_biggrin: I will try to lose only a little then :f_biggrin: :f_drink:
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Sunday storm is a fun MTT and one of the softest available. With 500$ in br, I don't think it's out of question to take a shot at it. Just be aware that a most of the time you won't cash it.
    • SawyerNS
      SawyerNS
      Silver
      You should give in mind that really big prizes way way over than "few $4 tourneys rather than one $11 tourney or maybe the $1.10+R 3x-Turbo $44 Gtd." so that if your goal for ITM that would be 4-5 hours. Not sure if you willing to feel regrets about $4..something plus, after 5 hours of play; instead of have fun on $1.10+R 3x-Turbo $44 Gtd where after one hour constant shows will lead your way to FT.

Regards,
      Lothar
    • zzizek
      zzizek
      Bronze
      Unless you have at least x75 amount of the buyin + the tournament is at most 2x turbo, then don't.
    • husky333
      husky333
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SawyerNS
      You should give in mind that really big prizes way way over than "few $4 tourneys rather than one $11 tourney or maybe the $1.10+R 3x-Turbo $44 Gtd." so that if your goal for ITM that would be 4-5 hours. Not sure if you willing to feel regrets about $4..something plus, after 5 hours of play; instead of have fun on $1.10+R 3x-Turbo $44 Gtd where after one hour constant shows will lead your way to FT.

Regards,
      Lothar
      It seems to me that the $1.10+R 3xTurbo $40k Gtd tourney is more or less a lottery. I have seen a MTT player in his blog to have a list of tourneys he was gonna play and for the above tourney he had set a max. of 30 bullets.
      Bloody hell 30 buy-ins would ruin my BR pretty soon :D

Atm I'm comfortable multitabling 9 various MTT tourneys like 90/180man SnG, The Hot $1.5K Gtd, Knockout or Progressive Super-Knockout tourneys and these take good few hours anyway to get to the FT. I am obviously not very happy getting out of a tourney after few hours of grinding but I don't regret it. It's part of the fun =) I simply open a new table and the show goes on :s_drink:
    • StarFox1919
      StarFox1919
      Bronze
      You would need bankroll management to risk that way. If you have that, you can risk at least once, but as the guys above said, the variance are huge.
    • mitozgd
      mitozgd
      Bronze
      Wise man once said: dont risk too much if youre not lucky.