Gino781
      Bronze
      Hello All,

This is my first post so please forgive me if I pasted the hand wrong

quick question...

NL10
      I was MP3 with JJ ... I bet .60 and was raised to 1.20 now normally
      SSS ratio dictated an all in bet.
      However the BU called and I don't know if I saw it as a second raise or just got spooked.. but I folded when it got back to me

mistake??

Ty
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack

SB:
      $4.40

BB:
      $1.85

UTG+1:
      $2.15

UTG+2:
      $5.25

MP1:
      $9.10

CO:
      $9.25

BU:
      $9.75

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:spade: , J:heart:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, CO raises to $1.20, BU calls $1.20, 4 folds.

Flop: ($3.25) 4:club: , 7:spade: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($3.25) 6:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $1.00, BU folds, CO gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $3.25
  • 6 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      You have very small sample sizes on the opponents, so I think we can disregard the stats...

The basic strategy says that with hands JJ+/AK you go all-in after a reraise no matter what, so there's no need to get scared. At NL10 you will see many worse hands reraising you and calling the reraises...

And remember the articles, when you're reraised basic strategy tells you to go or not to go all-in based on your bet:remaining stack ratio where action of the opponents is not important. So, try rereading them till you are able to recite them in the middle of the night. ;)

P.S.: Sorry, I forgot to say... Welcome to the forum! :)
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      BU can be calling many hands like with any pocketpair incorrectly for set value so don't let it phase you. Just stick to the remaining stack : raisesize chart for now and call it :D

When you learn more there will be a more complicated way for you to make this decision by calculating the equity your hand has against his range and whether you can call for pot odds. Don't worry If that doesn't make sense yet though, the stack : original raisesize chart is a great tool.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Hello ;)

The BU call is GREAT for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he would have AA or KK he would have reraised !! Its just free money he is donating ;)

Easy push!

But why did you make it 6bb preflop. There was just one limper,so make it 5bb. Or did the CO post a blind?
    • Gino781
      Gino781
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies

as far as the the 6BB bet with 1 limper that was a mistake using my mouse wheel to adjust the bet slider causing me to overshoot. It's not the first time but it will be the last, I'll start typing in my bet amounts.

I regard to the hand, I feel this is the price I had to pay for playing distracted. I was convinced that it was 2 re raises, just by the sound (full tilt sounds). I think I had given up before I even looked back at the screen.

BTW
      Is it possible to identify leaks in my own game using the Elephant stats after only 1000 hands?
      Of course it is possible but is there a resource to help me learn what trends to look for within my stats? Or is it just an ability one needs to grow into?
      Or should I have started these questions in another thread?

Thanks again,
      Gino
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      1000 hands is BY FAR not enough.

Maybe we can see first tendencies (!) after 10.000 hands :)
    • Gino781
      Gino781
      Bronze
      OK then... I'll get back to the grind...lol

Thanks again