Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.25
      BU:
      $4.87

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.64 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , K:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, BU raises to $0.54, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.38.

Flop: ($1.14) 7:spade: , J:club: , J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.14, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.28
  • 12 replies
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      Mr supertight, but I think it's okay, cause he has a low PFR any you are playing oop.
      I might consider 4bet preflop for balancing (or value?), but definetly not a must on micros, i guess.
      If he bets lower, like 0.8ct I might call flop and bet any turn.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      basically nh ,you OOP against tight opp.Of course is ok to play straightforward in 3bet pots,saves a lot of money.But this board should be scary for your opp too (I don't think he`s 3bet with AJ,can be JJ) so against full stack you can show more aggression in 3bet pot-donk? or bluff c/r (opp should be capable to fold his overpair and you should be capable to IIbarrel him.Do it only in very selected cases).
      I might consider 4bet preflop for balancing (or value?

I think 4bet only against full stack because you cant fold to his push.If you 4bet for value you should know his 3bet range and call 4bet range.I don't know if PS elephant has this.
      Good luck :)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I dont like bluffing or doing moves on a 38 WTS guy =S
      Plus Im positive $ with AK playing this way I think(used to be losing).
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      I dont like bluffing or doing moves

Ok,that's right attitude on microlimits and I think you way better player than me but you can consider various lines,various opps to prepare yourself for new situations.I play mostly ABC too,but coaches can help us(thanks to them :heart:) to adjust to our ops better,thats why sometimes I write provocative replays.
      Good luck. :)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      thnx for the comments,

btw try using the word "unorthodox" instead of "provocative", the latter sounds like a sexual term lol
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      btw try using the word "unorthodox" instead of "provocative", the latter sounds like a sexual term lol

Thank you and sorry :) , I did not mean to offend you.I`m not native speaker. :)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dallievas

Thank you and sorry :) , I did not mean to offend you.I`m not native speaker. :)
      no offense, just made me laugh, english isnt my first language either btw
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d shove pf. Your hand is very good and even comparing very tight player you shoulod shove, since you fold 2/3 times postflop and have to fold to c-bet.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I´d shove pf. Your hand is very good and even comparing very tight player you shoulod shove, since you fold 2/3 times postflop and have to fold to c-bet.
      Aren't I behind his 3bet range? Or is there another reason for shoving?
      ty
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Aren't I behind his 3bet range? Or is there another reason for shoving?
      ty
      Don´t really know since there isn´t shown 3-bet range.
      But his reasonable 3-bet with JJ+, AK you´re mostly flipping and if you shove then he might fold AK, JJ, QQ.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      156 hands is not a big sample.. but what I notice about these guys is that you better fold pf. Yestreday I played a guy which had 3/~450 3bet preflop range, I just raise/fold preflop with them.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Solomaextra
      156 hands is not a big sample.. but what I notice about these guys is that you better fold pf. Yestreday I played a guy which had 3/~450 3bet preflop range, I just raise/fold preflop with them.
      I think we can at least call here pf, we hit many times, sometimes even 2pair, trips, straight, flush, etc...against tight guy we can stack him easier when we hit. If we hit a K, basically only AA beats us, if we hit an A we are pretty much ahead too.