How many limpers is it possible to call against when you are in the SB?

• mcfuzz
      mcfuzz
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm currently playing microstakes 0.01/0.02 NL, full ring 9 seated.

As per the title, when up agianst 5/6 or even a full table of limpers, I find it really difficult to not call for the extra 0.01$, even if I have a fairly mucky starting hand, as I would assume i could get paid pretty big if i do manage to hit.

So the question is, should i increase my range of starting hands that I call with in the SB postion, when up against more than one or two limprers?

Thanks in advance :f_drink:
  • 3 replies
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Yes, to 100% with 3 limpers unless you think the BB will raise often. (You get 9:1 in direct odds + implied odds.) The same is true already in FL where the implied odds are much worse. With two limpers in (7:1), bee loose, but probably not 100%. The disadvantage is that you will be in plenty of difficult situations postflop. That might steer you away from the worst crappy hands if you don't feel confident playing them.

In other words, the nice implied odds can work against you as reverse implied odds if the action goes heavy. You shouldn't feel too confident flopping, say, trips holding 72 and people shove.
    • mcfuzz
      mcfuzz
      Bronze
      So widening my range a little more than the recommended range as per the NL guides is wise idea then. But prehaps stay away from 72o :D

Thank you
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Yes, that's a start. Reasonable connected hands that can flop nuts or draws to nuts should go in first. 64o looks okay to me with 3 limpers+, but 73o cannot really flop nuts or good draws. Play the latter carefully:D