Sessions not going right

• aahitman
      Hi guys,

(two weeks ago I posted a thread to understand what is going on with my games and if it's normal that SSS has a lot of ups$ and downs$... And I figured that it has those ups and downs, and the most important lesson I learned is that Poker is a not a rich fast game... So I learned to have patience that "luck" (good hand and one caller to reach 25 BB) would come.

Now, I see that SSS works fine to a lot of people (just saw a post that a guy reached $200, in just 15 days)...

So again, what is wrong with this picture... (besides being to small, click it to open lol)

Everytime, I make a session, I study it, to see if everything was by the articles and they are. So I reached the conclusion after reading and rereading and rerereading..etc. the SSS articles (Basic, Bronze and Silver) that I'm playing the game/SSS has I should but it's not working.

I mean, all of my sessions are like that picture, I go happy for a while, then I loose with great starting hands like AA, or KK (that big lost was in one table with AA, and the other with AKs)... Don't get me wrong I'm not loosing any of my $50 capital start :) , but I'm not winning either :( . can't reach the $150 to pass to NL20, cause I think NL10, I get called a lot with fish&Donkeys, who get lucky a lot, but because of all of this sessions I'm still with $50 lol... well %51... won $1 :tongue: Well, at least I'm getting the bonnus part cleared just 5% more to clear it...

Now, my question, is this normal that I take so much time/hands to go up (played 9K hands)..

Well, this is not a qeustion or whatever I jst wanted to express my feelings and take of my Tilt here instead of the table... and keep playing the game that it's going to work...

Sorry about te long thread lol :D
  • 5 replies
    • Dragar
      Switch to BSS, can't give you any other advice.

But you can't play NL10 then with your BR

Alternatively you can continue what your doing and hope that variance will swing in your way which it should sooner or later.
    • strat9
      What is the rake? Sometimes at lower limits the rake is higher and that makes it difficult to beat. Going from $50 to $200 on NL10 in 15 days is a combination of good play and an upswing in luck and extremely bad players. That is not normal for such low stakes.
    • RockEye
      Hi aahitman! Don't worry, you are probbably just starting your poker career. The most important thing is, you are still playing poker and you still have your BR. When you'll get more expirienced through play, you'll see more opportunities when you are ahead of other players and thus, your BR will grow.
      Just play, learn and don't go on tilt and lose your BR.
      I had the same problem (still have, but i am getting better). I was breaking even. I played and released a bonus but won 0$. But i was happy, because i said to myself "you are still learning, you are only playing for 3 months, it will get better and you still haven't lost everything". I am playing a lot better now then i was 3 months ago. Downswings help you realize you can't always win and they teach you to be carefull, observe other players and when to fold.

Try to read Lee Jones's: Winning on Low limit holdem and Harrington vol.1 and vol.2. Watch videos, especially from hasenbratten. You'll learn a lot. Just be patient.

Good luck! ;)
    • excelgeo
      i think you are playing too many hands, you constantly lose and lose which means you bet but dont have a hand strong enough for a showdown. of course you had a spike in profits meaning you probably hit something and doubled up.

play less hands that are stronger. and dont slowplay in these limits.

ps. if you stick to it and you are not making enough money at start do not worry. it carries on like that because of variance but no one can get lucky all the time. stick to it and then you will find that you will double up on a single 3 hour session. it is called an upswing and it happens more often than a downswing if you play like you should.
    • TheBrood
      I tried SSS, but I had been playing BSS for some years before PS so I never liked it. Im doing pretty good at BSS now.