How to get my passion for poker back?

• Mikus8
      I used to play poker every day, I had fun doing it, I tried really hard and paid a lot of attention to my tables. I played only for fun and it made me enough money to have no worries about job or anything. Basically I played for fun but made a living of it.
      Recently I had to withdraw my bankroll due to real life issues and ever since then I just cannot get back into game fully. I wanted to find a job, without any huge success. I have a part time job now, and the salary is fucking awful. I miss the days I used to get home from school and jump right into tournaments and play until 2-4am. Now I most often rather play league of legends. And when I do play poker, it's usually 2-4 tables (simply because I cannot afford playing 6-8 tables) and even then I have a video open to watch.
      Now it seems like poker was so good for my life, but now that it's gone my life is turning to shit

Any advice on how can I get my passion for poker back?
  • 4 replies
      So, you miss losing money?
    • saltbeef
      Take a long break and than play something different. Mix it up a bit before you go back to the grind, if grinding is what you do?
    • instinctz
      Hey sorry to hear you had to withdraw your roll because of life, but that's just life and the expense of living in the world. Hopefully these suggestions will help you reignite your passion for poker again:

1st and foremost try and forget about everything else i.e. life's cluster, headaches, and problems when trying to play poker because life's problem is separate from the poker table.

2: Find some time away from life to reignite your passion. Start a journal write down why you are so passionate about poker whether its because of the money (hopefully just not that), learning aspect, playing against the best or you just love crushing a table xD

3: Start reading again.

4: Simple yet easily forgotten TRY!!!!! If you love the game. If you have passion for the game. PLAY!!! Make it a daily routine whether its 15mins 30mins or 45mins make it a routine into your daily life

5: Find other people with the same passion as you. Your 1 step closer already to reigniting your passion already by asking for help here and reading material on PokerStrategy

That's my two cents.
      I'll be honest even for me its hard and I've fallen off the wagon many times, its not easy but my passion for this game always brings me back to it.

Cheers & Good Luck
    • GoOnCal1
      I try to play a new game
      Omaha HiLow reignited my interest in poker, It is more cerebral and so your concentration is high, boredom is not an issue