Have they gone mad on Pokerstars? - SNG antes changed significantly

• LeNNy010
      LeNNy010
      Bronze
      Hey everyone,

How do you guys feel about the new sit and go blinds structure on stars with antes starting from level 1?

Personally I hate it, people are stabbing more at the blinds because they are forced to which destroys the gentle early game. If you don't play you will get blinded down so fast that you are forced to play push poker before late game even starts. Even if I play normal speed it feels like a turbo game to me. I'm no agressive player at all so this really hurts my game.
  • 12 replies
    • donkament
      donkament
      Bronze
      Hmmmm I actualy didnt like it aswell first couple of days. But now im kinda used to it and kinda like it that im in push fold stage faster. But I only play Turbo Mtt sngs (45/180mans)
    • LeNNy010
      LeNNy010
      Bronze
      Wow you can play the turbo's? You might be right, the middle stage has less eliminations now and takes a bit longer since people tend to pop out more often in the beginning stage now. It's a new ball game all together :)
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      Turbo games are now super turbo by default but without any reduction in rake. Antes from the start in turbos is insane, and antes in 180-man normal structure is equally baffling. What is the point of 15 minute blinds with antes from the bat? The point of 15 minute blinds is to allow the player time to pick up a decent hand. But with Antes starting immediately why bother with 15 minute blinds? In my opinion, this change is all about the bottom line for Pokerstars.
    • LeNNy010
      LeNNy010
      Bronze
      Hi Arthur,

I totally agree there. Are 180 player included as well? That really changes the game, especially for the bigger tournaments like you play. Just send a support/complaint ticket like I did, we need to stand up to these changes.
    • S0ulM
      S0ulM
      Bronze
      Just played my first sng's on Stars for a while as I've been trying to master 6max cash, I have to say that I really don't like the new structures, a complete donkfest from the start. I used to like trying to play a few pots in the first two levels but it's much harder to do that now.

Will see if I can adjust but might have to start looking at other sites that have better structures....
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      PokerStars's tendency to make the games as tough as possible for winning players is clear by now. I wonder they could possibly do next...
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlphaVillain
      PokerStars's tendency to make the games as tough as possible for winning players is clear by now. I wonder they could possibly do next...
      Are winning players bad for a poker site?
      Are break even players good for a poker site?
      Yes and yes.
      Therefore your conclusion is correct. Stars is in the business of rake collecting so the game should be as fair as possible for all players no matter their skill level.
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      So what you're saying is: in a game of skill, skill shouldn't matter. That's an interesting point of view. :s_thumbsup:
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      I actually like it. More specifically the change in structure. Before it was 25/50 - where you had like 30 big blinds and all of a sudden BOOM, its 50/100, you fold your big blind and you are in the push-fold stage - a drastic change in strategy between only 2 hands, it was really bad!

You are not in the push-fold stage earlier now, but you definetly can go all-in if postflop is not your cup of tea or are playing like 50 tables at once and be more right about it, unlike before. Think about it - Blind 30/60 and 40/80 with antes is nearly as much chips as 50/100, but people are less likely to call your 17-25bb chip shove instead of your 14-15, so you win more often without showdown the same amout of chips.

Also, you see it as you are forced to play more hands at the first level. I see it as you are forced to learn poker and stop being a nit b1@7©h.

Re: Making the starting stack like 2000-3000 would be much better than removing the antes, dont you guys think?
      :milord:
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      I'm also a fan of the new structure. It does change the meta a bit, but hey, I like learning new things.
    • S0ulM
      S0ulM
      Bronze
      Originally posted by S0ulM
      Just played my first sng's on Stars for a while as I've been trying to master 6max cash, I have to say that I really don't like the new structures, a complete donkfest from the start. I used to like trying to play a few pots in the first two levels but it's much harder to do that now.

Will see if I can adjust but might have to start looking at other sites that have better structures....
      I've changed my opinion on this after playing more and adjusting a bit. The standard of play in the early stage seems significantly worse than before which I like :f_thumbsup:
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlphaVillain
      So what you're saying is: in a game of skill, skill shouldn't matter. That's an interesting point of view. :s_thumbsup:
      No, I'm saying this is what Stars is aiming for in the micro limits.
      Hopefully as the stakes get bigger the skill level is allowed to blossom.