[NL20-NL50] Nl50 44

• TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:diamond: , 4:spade:
      CO raises to $1.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.75) 5:diamond: , 6:club: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3, Hero calls $3.00.

Turn: ($9.75) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($9.75) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $9.75

Is there any sense in a semibluff on this flop? How about the other streets?
  • 4 replies
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      I don't like semibluff, though it works to make him fold KT+ A9+ and hands like that.

But calling ones is ok, and check/folding turn and river if you don't improve.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      4-handed you can probably 3-bet and get awya with it most of the times.
      I think you can c/r flop if player is aggressively, since you don´t want to call him down and you can balance c/f when you have high cards and c/r when you have set.
      And his opening range on the co is quite large so I don´t mind taking a stab on the pot, rahter than giving free turn and river card.
      Turn and river are fine. (river should be c/c, since K is good card him to bluff).
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      if villain is an aggrresive and somehow reasonable/weak player who did fire a second barrel I think it is a very good spot to go for a big check/raise once in a while. He won't get odds to call you with suited overcards and will probably lay down better PP (sure you will get called by sets once in a while... but i think it will eventually bring some profit).

In case villain seems inclined to check it down I would probably play it the same way. No point in bluffing the river I think.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      I always c/r, raise this hand, the board is ugly as hell for Aces, if he's reasonable he will call you only with set or monster draw. So I'm trying to stick it in on flop

I think this is the most EV+ way