Checkraise witn initiative

• faktor1
      faktor1
      Bronze
      Do we really have to have such kind of range? Isnt in enough just the check/calling-folding ranges when theyre perfectly balanced? And can we be exploited when dont have a checkraise range with initiative?
  • 2 replies
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      I don't know, but I think we must have one, maybe Cepheus can answer. By checking, we would otherwise reveal that our hand is definitely not strong enough to bet for value. This is, I guess, too much information to pass to the opposition.

I have such a range on the turn, but this is mostly for exploitation, not GTO. The target is the "you checked, therefore I bet" type of fish that is pretty common in my micro-pool. They'll bet their A high or whatever when I check, and often call down, still with A high and certainly with any pair. I do balance this (by check-raising some picked up draws), but not in full (ergo exploitation).
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      Depends on the spot. There is no general answer for that, except that a strategy which contains no donk checkraise ranges at all is surely exploitable.