This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Checkraise witn initiative

• faktor1
      faktor1
      Bronze
      Do we really have to have such kind of range? Isnt in enough just the check/calling-folding ranges when theyre perfectly balanced? And can we be exploited when dont have a checkraise range with initiative?
  • 2 replies
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      I don't know, but I think we must have one, maybe Cepheus can answer. By checking, we would otherwise reveal that our hand is definitely not strong enough to bet for value. This is, I guess, too much information to pass to the opposition.

I have such a range on the turn, but this is mostly for exploitation, not GTO. The target is the "you checked, therefore I bet" type of fish that is pretty common in my micro-pool. They'll bet their A high or whatever when I check, and often call down, still with A high and certainly with any pair. I do balance this (by check-raising some picked up draws), but not in full (ergo exploitation).
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Bronze
      Depends on the spot. There is no general answer for that, except that a strategy which contains no donk checkraise ranges at all is surely exploitable.