Elephant HUD on Full Tilt

• strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      When I rotate the names and stats to match with the players' seats on one table, it rotates the other tables I am playing at as well. It just started doing that and it's really pissing me off. How do I stop it from doing that?

Also, is it still possible to scout and datamine on FT? The table didn't show stats til I sat down, and it was open for awhile. Usually they appear after the first hand or two is dealt, regardless of whether or not I'm sitting.
  • 8 replies
    • neverless13
      neverless13
      Bronze
      Read on the forum, there's a post somewhere which states Elephtant usage is prohibited.

You can only use it for your hand history and nothing more, just so you know :)
    • gummybeared
      gummybeared
      Bronze
      when you click on the thing where you also rotate, there is an option "do it to all the tables", uncheck it.

i guess that was your problem
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by neverless13
      Read on the forum, there's a post somewhere which states Elephtant usage is prohibited.

You can only use it for your hand history and nothing more, just so you know :)
      Completely wrong.

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/prohibited_programs.php

Full Tilt poker

The use of shared hand history databases is prohibited

Players may not use databases that include hand histories from hands that they did not personally participate in. This includes large subscription databases, and "hand swapping" with other players. Players who use such databases are deemed to be gaining an unfair advantage over their opponents and will have their accounts closed permanently. Any outstanding balance in their account will be forfeited and used to compensate the victims.

Database programs that track information from a player's personal hand history (i.e. hands in which they have been dealt cards) are permitted.
    • neverless13
      neverless13
      Bronze
      Let's hope you're right.
      I've heard a lot of people complaining though for getting banned for using elephant without the DB
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      You got me a little scared.

Can we please get an official response about that from the moderators (elephant usage)?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello all,

The main difference between tracking hands with Elephant and datamining with Elephant is whether you are currently playing at the table you are collecting hands from.

If you have Elephant running and are watching 20 tables and importing the hand histories then you are classed as datamining which is forbidden. If you are playing at 20 tables and have Elephant running then you are tracking your own hands - which is allowed ;)

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • neverless13
      neverless13
      Bronze
      Then why do pokerstars and other platforms allow it and fulltilt won't?

It seems a little bit strange. Some users might get confused, given the fact that on fulltilt site it doesn';t state clearly the elephant is prohibited (like the soft with accepted/denied softs on pokerstars).

Myself for example wanted to use it, but when I created the account on pokerstars I didn't get the starting capital. After consulting the Support Team, i had to chose another platform, so I took Full Tilt.
      I got the $50 and afterwards I fount out I can't use Elephant in here (only as a passive hand history tool).

So I'll have to manage without it :)
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by neverless13
      Then why do pokerstars and other platforms allow it and fulltilt won't?

It seems a little bit strange. Some users might get confused, given the fact that on fulltilt site it doesn';t state clearly the elephant is prohibited (like the soft with accepted/denied softs on pokerstars).

Myself for example wanted to use it, but when I created the account on pokerstars I didn't get the starting capital. After consulting the Support Team, i had to chose another platform, so I took Full Tilt.
      I got the $50 and afterwards I fount out I can't use Elephant in here (only as a passive hand history tool).

So I'll have to manage without it :)
      You need to understand some things.

Elephant is allowed to be used at full tilt, it is just not allowed to be used to datamine.

Datamining is exactly the same as tracking a players stats except datamining is done when you are not sitting at a table. You can use elephant and the elephant HUD as long as you use it for tracking hands and opponents that you have been involved in/with.

Datamining and tracking are two very different things.