Getting to the bubble with too short a stack

• S0ulM
      S0ulM
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I've decided to get back to 9 man turbo SNG's on Stars after a failed 6 max cash experiment :f_ugly: Currently playing the $3.50's.

As per post title I seem to be getting to the bubble with a very short stack too often, I want to work out where my strategy might be off and wonder if someone could point me in the general direction of likely causes.

I tend to play a few speculative hands in the first couple of levels and don't feel like I spew chips here too badly. I then tend to play pretty tight/solid in the mid stages. Is it likely that I'm playing too tight when it gets to 5 or so left in?

Overall stats are Vpip 19 / PFR 14 with ITM of 38.26% / ROI 7.41% over the first 115 games (no sample at all I know...)

Finish Distribution 1st 17, 2nd 13 , 3rd 14, 4th 21, 5th 16

I suspect I may be playing too tight especially given the structure changes at Stars since I last played these.

Thanks in advance ( sorry this is a long post!)
  • 3 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      So far I can see only VPIP and PFR should be a lot closer to each other, but further looks you stats good on a small sample.
      I think it’s a good idea to post some hands as well on our hand discussion board. Than people can help in some spots you have problems with.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • S0ulM
      S0ulM
      Bronze
      Thanks SDK,

I'd spotted that my vpip/pfr was a bit spread and have been working to improve it...it's at 18/15 for the last 20 or so games.

I will defo post some hands as there have been a few spots where I was unsure.
    • madison79
      madison79
      Bronze
      OP:
      I'm staked and coached by Abarone68. If you get to the bubble with too few chips it means that you're not getting enough chips earlier in the sng. Your stats are meaningless without a decent sample, but it's obvs you're not accumulating chips when it's 6 handed or 5 handed. Look for spots to steal or 3 bet shove players to pick up chips.
      A good stat to add is the fold to steal attempt. I make it green if they fold more than 50%. Dead money. :P

GL.