[NL20-NL50] Nl50: Aaa

• excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($54)
      SB ($65.95)
      BB ($14.70)
      UTG ($22.55)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      MP1 ($35.05)
      MP2 ($53.80)
      MP3 ($50)
      Hero (CO) ($78.70)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , J:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $2, Button calls $2, SB calls $1.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($6.50) 10:spade: , A:diamond: , A:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.50, Button calls $7.50, 1 fold

Turn: ($21.50) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9, Button raises to $18, Hero calls $9

River: ($57.50) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $13, Button raises to $26.50 (All-In), Hero calls $13.50

Total pot: $110.50 | Rake: $3

Button had 10:diamond: , A:spade: (full house, Aces over tens).
      Hero had A:club: , J:spade: (three of a kind, Aces).
      Outcome: Button won $107.50

can you ever walk away from that?
  • 5 replies
    • HoofdVogel
      HoofdVogel
      Bronze
      nh
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      why do you overbet the flop?

I mean there are only very weak draws, you won't get action from anything but an ace or TT, so you should try to keep PP in there by betting much less (IMO). Not much to protect against.

On the turn your line is pretty strong and he minraises you. I fold very often in this spot if I know my opponent is usually passive (that's a bit nitty I assume). If he is agressive, I guess I won't let it go either (that's the power of agressive play :) ). Maybe check/call the river to add some bluffs in his range.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cindy1985
      why do you overbet the flop?

I mean there are only very weak draws, you won't get action from anything but an ace or TT, so you should try to keep PP in there by betting much less (IMO). Not much to protect against.

On the turn your line is pretty strong and he minraises you. I fold very often in this spot if I know my opponent is usually passive (that's a bit nitty I assume). If he is agressive, I guess I won't let it go either (that's the power of agressive play :) ). Maybe check/call the river to add some bluffs in his range.
      +1
      I would probably b/c turn, he could also show up A9 and weaker aces.
      c/c river is probably better than b/c.
      He would still valuebet his Ax hand and since you faced min-raise on the turn, you might not be ahead.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      the reason i overbet the flop is that i was playing in a table where i hit a set a bit earlier and i pushed all in on the flop someone called and they said i was lucky. a few hands later i hit a full house again, push all in on the flop and someone thought i was bluffing again so i took their money as well and i thought that it would induce more calls if i act the same with my set of aces. gutted.

could you please explain what is b/c turn?

so the only way you would not have lost so much would be if he was a tight player to begin with?

i think this is the next poker level for me, walking away from these hands
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      b/c- means bet and call raise.