[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AK is it worth a call?

• 4 replies
    • Bojan1983
      Bojan1983
      Bronze
      From my experience, no its not worth it...

also, your bet is too high on the flop... why so much?

He can have a pocket pair, he could have hit a set... or he could have been on a draw, either straight of flush draw...

So, what are you trying to do here? force him to fold? why you waited for AK to do that, you can do that with any hand...

So, either he is infront, or he is behind, obviouslly...

If he is in front here, you dont wanna bet pot size bet... you are just giving away your money... a bet of 0.45 or 0.50 would be more then enough to see where you at... if he raises you and you have easy fold... (when you save 35 cents every now and then, after 10k hands, that makes a big difference)

If he is behind, on a draw, or maybe AQ or something like that... why to chase him away? Again, i think bet around 0.50 would be more then enough, make him pay for playing stupid... If he has absolutlly nothing, he will fold on any bet, so why to make it big?

Also, look it from his point of view, does your play looks like you hold a monster? no... your bet makes you look weak... think about it...

Just my opinion here, i am not a "pro" :) , but I am winning player at NL10...

gl
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Good fold. Bet a little less on the flop, I realize you're trying to look as if you're protecting your overpair against a flushdraw but 2/3rds is plenty for that.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      nice hand.If you want to call you should know your opp quite well-how often he is raising cbets on low flop,can he do that with just pp or bluffing or is he raising with strong draw,strong made hand like set,maybe he's cold calls often with big pp AA-KK and raises flop.When you know this then you can adjust to him.
      Good luck :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Nh.
      Your utg range is very tight so I don´t mind taking potsize stab at that pot.