Dollaro poker network.

• Rtwice
      Rtwice
      Bronze
      I'm not sure this is the right section to post in. My apologies if I did wrong.

So, I'm Italian, and I come from South Italy. Down there, lot of people have a gambling sickness. A real gambling sickness. They spend their whole days playing slots, betting on sports, and obviously, they also try poker.

They all play on site that are, apparently, part of a network called dollaro poker. I remember that 6 or 7 years ago the main website was actually called dollaropoker.net. A few months later it has been obscured and, since then, every 3 or 4 months the current website gets obscured by the police, 'cause apparently that network is not approved my the AAMS (Amministrazione Autonoma dei Monopoli di Stato – Autonomous Administration of the State Monopolies), which controls and regulates gambling in Italy.

I'm not sure if the network is still not approved nowadays. I went back to italy a month ago and I saw people playing on dbgpoker.com, which I assume is part of the same network.

I was wondering if anyone has got experience with this network. Pokerscout ranks it as one of the most good network to play on, but I saw so many people loosing in awful ways and I know that it's run from the italian mafia. No joke, it is for real.
  • 2 replies
    • Traxxer
      Traxxer
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Rtwice,

Sergio from Italy here, but I'll reply in EN because we're on the EN forum. ;)

I can confirm what you say, since it was the first room where I played in 2007: at that time it was based abroad and there was plenty of fishes, even more than the classic "fishy room" of the .com market. There were rumours that it was run by mafia, but honestly I've no proof to say that (maybe it was because there were a lot of players from Casal di Principe). About Pokerscout reviews, they're mainly made by users, so they could be both a "self-push" of the website or simply users happy after they won because of the very low level: my suggestion here, anyway, is to play always on a room with an AAMS license, since you never know what can happen when you play in rooms without authorization (in case of issues, just to say, nobody would protect you). For any question feel free to ask. ;)

Cheers,
      Sergio
    • Rtwice
      Rtwice
      Bronze
      Hey Sergio,
      thanks for the reply.

I agree with you on playing on a AAMS approved website. I was just curious to see if anyone here had any experience with this network.
      There are still plenty of fish on there, and the game is much more "soft" compared to big .com poker rooms, such as pokerstars et similar.

Dunno, maybe I'll give it a try in the near future.

However, how was your experience with it?

Cheers