Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,00
      BU:
      $10,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:heart: , A:heart:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,85, BU calls $0,85, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,05) 9:spade: , 7:club: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,25, BU raises to $2,50, Hero raises to $4,15 (All-In), BU calls $1,65.

Turn: ($10,35) J:diamond:
      River: ($10,35) 7:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10,35

I just wish to ask whether in steal situations, you evaluate your hand on the flop same as when you're raising ordinary hand from SHC...

So, TPTK+ is made hand and we go broke? Or if for example A came on the flop and I had 9 kicker, would I still have to go broke even if I didn't have top kicker?
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Burek,

I just wish to ask whether in steal situations, you evaluate your hand on the flop same as when you're raising ordinary hand from SHC...
      A steal - in my opinion - mostly consist of a stealpreflop raise + a continuation bet if fold to c-bet % is high with enough sample. Against Unknown, I just c-bet 2/3, no deviation.

I would c-bet to $1.5 (6bb) but I think i've said that already, NL25 is ''strange'' for potsizes postflop but I tend to bet 6/8th of the pot.

As played I would shove it to protect your TPTK, make a note of his play (blinddefense call 1x, clickRRaise c-bet 5bb->10bb, calls shove with 6bb)

Concerning your other questions:
      So, TPTK+ is made hand and we go broke? Or if for example A came on the flop and I had 9 kicker, would I still have to go broke even if I didn't have top kicker?
      Yes in this case, we evaluate pair of nines,acekicker as TPTK.
      If you hit toppair Ace with 9 kicker, it totally depends on the other 2 community cards and the connection with each other. but a dry flop of A 3 7 rainbow is in my opinion worth a shove with A9+ but again, this is I think a matter of self-preference so I leave this hand open for other judges.

- Gerv
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      You cant steal with A9 and then bet/fold if you hit a top pair ;)

Easy shove, also on a A23 board