Giving it another go

• Bondy5
      Bondy5
      Bronze
      Hi I'm Michael,

I'm returning to poker strategy after a long break due to losing interest after the full tilt saga.

Eventually my interest in the game has returned so I've decided to play some freeroll tournaments recreationally to try and build a bankroll. If successful I'll continue to play and move onto no limit beginner strategy and see how I fair.
  • 7 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Bondy5

Nice to see you back and serious :fouet:

Incidentally that is how I started. I moved from play money cash games to freerolls (really tough astronomers on stars) and other sites. Eventually I ran deep in a few and won a couple so now I feel comfortable where ever I play.

As someone looking at MTTs, I can really recommend Asaban's MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread .

And remember, if unsure always ask questions. :f_thumbsup:

Cheers

Laz
    • Bondy5
      Bondy5
      Bronze
      Thanks for the link, I shall check it out.
    • kirane
      kirane
      Bronze
      Welcome back good luck with the Freerolls, i believe you certainly must have more tournament stamina than me :f_thumbsup:
    • Bondy5
      Bondy5
      Bronze
      @Kirane thanks, we'll see how long it lasts ha

The MTT beginner thread was helpful, cheers for that.

So far I have done 3 freerolls.
      First, went out early when my AK went up against QQ preflop.
      Second, went out early again when my two pair on the flop lost when opp rivered a striaght.
      Third time luckly, finished in top 200 to earn myself a ticket to a weekly $250 freeroll!

I can see it taking sometime before earning any meaningful amounts to start with but we'll see how it goes.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Michael,

It can be a long journey but I saved myself from losing a bundle of money by learning and refining my game through freerolls. If I had of deposited when I first started, I would have been very quickly relieved of my cash. :f_biggrin:

You should consider starting a blog. That way when you are a high rolling MTT crusher, you'll be able to look back on a record of your journey. :f_thumbsup:

Happy fishing :gl:

Laz
    • Bondy5
      Bondy5
      Bronze
      I'll consider starting a blog further down the line since I don't really have a set goal or ambition. I'll certainly keep a note of how I'm fairing for now though.

I've currently acquired 3 tickets to a weekly freeroll although they don't feel like much of an achievement as some of the freerolls have 1100 people starting with 200 getting tickets.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Michael,

That's 900 that aren't getting a shot at the cash. :f_p: Now the trick is to turn those tickets into cash. :profit:

Good Luck :gl:

Laz