I don't study i play well I study put theroy into practise

• Rocco12
      Just a question i have been running well online and live .. I hear from all the poker books and sites go over your hands and study to get better my dilema is when i study i have major down swings in my game .. so should i play with my gut feelings or play how the so called books say i should play because to be honest im thinking about binning theses books and writing my own.. Any ideas how i should go ahead to improve ?? stupid question i know but i just want to know if any one gos through the same issue and how do they cope
  • 2 replies
    • andiofwbafc
      I read a poker book once, forget which one.

Anyway this guy said there is a big secret to beating online poker, this secret was something along the lines of:

"You don't have to know why you are winning"

He goes on to say that some players read books and try to change the way they are playing & this turns them into losing players.

So if you are winning, stick to your own strategy as its clearly working for you.
    • Lazza61
      Hey Rocco12,

To borrow from Yogi Berra "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Some players don't study well, don't review hands well and once they shut down the client, that's the end.

Also if you don't get into trouble spots often, you will feel there is nothing to review or study anyway. Some people have a natural flair for knowing instantly whether any given hand in any given position is +Ev for them. Some will gain that by hard study and constant reviewing.

Keep running good :gl: