ICM trainer

• 6 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey lordcrusade9,

ICM Trainer was developed by members of our German community. You can change to English by navigating to Extras > Sprache and selecting English.

Cheers

Laz
    • lordcrusade9
      lordcrusade9
      Bronze
      thank you. another question, if you do not mind. So after I use the the ICM trainer, on the page of ICM calculation, it says ranges, what is FGS or FSG?
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      FGS means Future game simulation. This way the software also calculated what could happened in the next hand. If you are going to the blinds in the next couple of hands you can make a slightly -$EV (expected value) shove based on FGS.

Don’t forget as well that you can’t use ICM Trainer when PokerStars software is active.
      That’s against the terms & conditions of PokerStars.

Hopefully this helps a little bit, but if you have more questions about FGS don’t hesitate to ask them.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • lordcrusade9
      lordcrusade9
      Bronze
      RE: Pokerstars ICM trainer requires you type the hand in? how can you use it when you are playing live?

One thing I do not quite like about the programme is that it tells what % of the hand I need to push before I made the decision to push or fold. Surely it'd make more sense if this % appears after I press the push/fold button.

I am currently getting about 85% correct. What is the minimum I need to get right to be a decent player?

One of my concerns is that some of the decisions based on ICM requires other players to be rational. There are scenarios on the bubble when you'd push into the big blind from the small blind spot 100% of the time. There are fishes who would call with rubbish (which is ahead of your rubbish once you do that repeatedly). Can the software simulate this?
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      You can’t type it in when you’re playing, because you can’t use ICM trainer when you’re playing. That’s against the terms & conditions of PokerStars.

Afterwards you can do it by checking your hand history that you have saved. If you don’t do it already you need to go to ‘Settings’, ‘Playing History’ and ‘Hand History’. There you mark ‘Save My Hand History’. Than you click on ‘OK’ or ‘Apply Changes’. All hands of your SNG’s will be saved from now on.

It’s a tool to help you out, but is difficult to say how much % you need to be right to be a decent player. Every push/fold decision is differently.
      Off course practicing don’t hurt at all.

I don’t think you can change the calling ranges in ICM trainer. At least I newer tried. So against players that calling to wide you need to push tighter to make your shove profitable.

I also recommend using our Hand discussions for Sit and Go-Tournaments board to post hands you’re not sure off you played it well.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • svonja
      svonja
      Bronze
      You can’t type it in when you’re playing, because you can’t use ICM trainer when you’re playing. That’s against the terms & conditions of PokerStars.