Calling a shove in early stages on 6-max SNG

• Nosssweat
      Nosssweat
      Bronze
      Hi All,

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on calling a shove in the first couple of levels in a 6-max SNG.

What would you call an all in shove with over 70 big blinds?

They seem more common than you might think and keep happening to my when I'm holding hands like QQ, JJ & TT.

I folded KK not long a go when someone shoved the first hand and then got a call thinking one of them had to have AA and they turn over AK & TT which I would have won.

So what would you be calling an all in bet with in the first 2 or 3 levels of a 6-max SNG?
  • 7 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I would call against a 70bb over shove without reads on the player with QQ+, because it’s unlikely a player will push with these hands at the first level of a 6 max SNG. If he showed QQ+ I would make a note about it.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      You have to adjust to the new antes, so the old range of QQ+ is slightly widen, like:
      22+, Ax, Kx, Qxs, Q6o+, !!!!!!!!!! J5o !!!!!!!!!!, J8o+ and u can add hands that you feel like are going to win.
      :milord:
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by nsavov
      You have to adjust to the new antes, so the old range of QQ+ is slightly widen, like:
      22+, Ax, Kx, Qxs, Q6o+, !!!!!!!!!! J5o !!!!!!!!!!, J8o+ and u can add hands that you feel like are going to win.
      :milord:
      Your range is I think way to wide to call a 70bb shove with.
      Maybe you can adjust it a little bit, but I would not call much wider than TT+ and AK for 70bb effective.
    • Nosssweat
      Nosssweat
      Bronze
      Thanks, I will definitely make notes on players that do it and what cards they are shoving with.
    • ontherivervv
      ontherivervv
      Bronze
      QQ.KK.AA
      Depends if I want to gamble AK.AQ.AJ
      But calling all -in in BB with 70 BB not so important you can just FOLD .
    • ontherivervv
      ontherivervv
      Bronze
      If they try to steal pots from you then you need to fight back early on .because then you take notes then they bluff and then you think they don't have good enough cards and you call all-in you will find yourself against top pair or A with K Q I think that's based on theory of poker.
    • docs325
      docs325
      Bronze
      Without any previous hands against the villain, I just let it go and find a better hand. See if somebody else calls and then take a note. Sometimes these guys do it four or five times in a short period time and you know they can't always have it, so you have to call. What never makes any sense to me is if its the 15/30 level and they're shoving a healthy stack for 45 chips. It's high risk for little reward. I usually take notes on opponents with the level, their BB's, and the hand they showdown with. It helps me range when they shove and I'm considering a call.