[NL2-NL10] Nl10 - K8o Freeplay

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 ($2)
      MP1 ($3.40)
      MP2 ($5.65)
      CO ($12.85)
      Button ($7.70)
      BB ($4.40)
      Hero (UTG) ($1.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, 8
      1 fold, MP1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, CO calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.45) 4, 6, 8 (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, CO calls $0.40, Button calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.65) Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.25 (All-In), CO calls $1.25, 1 fold

River: ($4.15) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $4.15 | Rake: $0.40

>>I am BB here, the hand converter made a mistake apparently.

I hit the pair on the flop (I guess I can call this TPTK?). So I played it as a made hand even though the Q came out on the Turn. Was that alright?
  • 6 replies
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      I wouldn't bet here with just a pair, even if the kicker is good. The board is extremely draw-heavy.

I would only bet out here with 2pairs+.

bet less on flop (0.2), or play check.fold, check fold turn
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by exorcism
      I wouldn't bet here with just a pair, even if the kicker is good. The board is extremely draw-heavy.

bet less on flop (0.2), or play check.fold, check fold turn
      I disagree here with you

Hi Dandycall,

Since CO + BTN limps along with the lonely Mp1, one can assume that most of their holdings are pretty weak and wide.

Therefore I bet out potsized on the Flop to get headsup on the Turn, holding 75o is insane for example.

Turn, I go all-in on the turn, if he hit his Queen, you still got some outs (5) for 2pair+

Well played :)
      Gerv
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      how should we play further if turn is a club? or makes one card to a straight possible?
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      It's a tough line mate, because if you check and he bets then I think you have to fold, but if they are calling the flop I don't see them folding to a bet on the turn either and you would be committed for the rest of your stack if behind, so c/f for me if bad turn, despite the fact that the pot is bigger than your stack. Save the chips for the next hand
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by exorcism
      how should we play further if turn is a club? or makes one card to a straight possible?
      I simply shut down if CO bets on the Turn. Either CO is chasing a draw in the sense of straight/flush or he has a made hand. It's annoying your OOP but saving 12.5bb is probably the best move here if a falls

So blank equilates to betting and a card that can complete a draw most likely is shutting down your betting program and check/fold OOP :)

- Gerv
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Tahnks a lot guys