This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 - K8o Freeplay

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 ($2)
      MP1 ($3.40)
      MP2 ($5.65)
      CO ($12.85)
      Button ($7.70)
      BB ($4.40)
      Hero (UTG) ($1.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, 8
      1 fold, MP1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, CO calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.45) 4, 6, 8 (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, CO calls $0.40, Button calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.65) Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.25 (All-In), CO calls $1.25, 1 fold

River: ($4.15) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $4.15 | Rake: $0.40

>>I am BB here, the hand converter made a mistake apparently.

I hit the pair on the flop (I guess I can call this TPTK?). So I played it as a made hand even though the Q came out on the Turn. Was that alright?
  • 6 replies
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      I wouldn't bet here with just a pair, even if the kicker is good. The board is extremely draw-heavy.

I would only bet out here with 2pairs+.

bet less on flop (0.2), or play check.fold, check fold turn
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by exorcism
      I wouldn't bet here with just a pair, even if the kicker is good. The board is extremely draw-heavy.

bet less on flop (0.2), or play check.fold, check fold turn
      I disagree here with you

Hi Dandycall,

Since CO + BTN limps along with the lonely Mp1, one can assume that most of their holdings are pretty weak and wide.

Therefore I bet out potsized on the Flop to get headsup on the Turn, holding 75o is insane for example.

Turn, I go all-in on the turn, if he hit his Queen, you still got some outs (5) for 2pair+

Well played :)
      Gerv
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      how should we play further if turn is a club? or makes one card to a straight possible?
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      It's a tough line mate, because if you check and he bets then I think you have to fold, but if they are calling the flop I don't see them folding to a bet on the turn either and you would be committed for the rest of your stack if behind, so c/f for me if bad turn, despite the fact that the pot is bigger than your stack. Save the chips for the next hand
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by exorcism
      how should we play further if turn is a club? or makes one card to a straight possible?
      I simply shut down if CO bets on the Turn. Either CO is chasing a draw in the sense of straight/flush or he has a made hand. It's annoying your OOP but saving 12.5bb is probably the best move here if a falls

So blank equilates to betting and a card that can complete a draw most likely is shutting down your betting program and check/fold OOP :)

- Gerv
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Tahnks a lot guys