w34z3l live coaching TONIGHT - post hands for review

• 7 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      BUMP - Coaching starts in 5 hours or so. Post some hands if you'd like them reviewed in live coaching.
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Hand evaluations YES! :f_love:

Hand
      Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $55.18
      Hero (SB): $76.08
      BB: $84.08
      UTG: $203.25
      MP: $50.75
      CO: $170.90

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with 6:heart: 7:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5, 1 fold, CO raises to $11, Hero calls $6

Flop: ($22.50) 4:heart: A:heart: 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $8.34, Hero calls $8.34

Turn: ($39.18) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($39.18) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $56.74 all in, CO calls $56.74

1) 7h6h SB vs CO 4 bet pot

Pre flop:
      Opponent has 4% 4 bet from CO on good sample.
      I expect in this range for him to have AQ+ JJ+ with which he is ready to stack off to 5 bet shove.
      I decide to flat to 4 bet as I have 32.77% equity vs that range and need 27% equity to defend to his 4 bet sizing.

Flop: Ah 4h 8c
      Expect in his c betting range all Ax while JJ-KK will be checked behind. With some frequency I expect him to check behind AA here and to value bet them turn and river.
      So most of his c betting range is AQ and AK in this spot which is really important for later streets.
      I decide to x/c as I have gutter + FD where I am 100% sure that I am not getting crushed if another heart comes since he doesn't have Kxhh Qxhh etc in his 4 bet range.

Turn: 3c
      Blank turn. At this point my game plan is if he x behind turn he is playing face up AQ and AK. This can potentially allow me to shove river (for bluff if I don't hit) to fold him off from strong Ax.
      The thinking process is that I have a lot of suited Aces that are 2 pair combos by the river as well as sets (44, 33) + if river is a good card (T or J) I can rep with shove sets of TT and JJ in this spot.

River: Jd
      Perfect card to rep AJ, JJ, A4s,A3s,A8s, 44, 33.
      I decided to overbet shove here and fold opponent of AQ and AK as his line is always 2 streets of value and in 4 bet pot he should never be happy bluff catching with TPSK or TPTK.

Opponent tanked whole time bank and called down with AQo!

Questions:
      - Is thinking process in place for whole hand?
      - Pre flop knowing that he is 4 betting merged 4%, what range would you flat OOP to 4 bet with such low sizing (2.2x)?
      - Can turn donk shove be a better option since we have 1 additional card to hit flush or gutter + this line can confuse opponent even more when he holds AQ-AK? When is it OK to use such line and is opponent more likely going to fold AQ-AK to turn donk shove vs river probe shove?
      - Is it realistic to expect opponent to fold of here AQ and AK long term in 4 bet pots or this is burning money (this is NL50 ZOOM)? If it is then I should literally have no bluffs here and always value shove since they will always call off TP type of hand in such spot?

Appreciate all the answers and taking the time to discuss the hand.
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      HAND 2:

BTN: $68.17
      Hero (SB): $81.82
      BB: $60.77
      UTG: $67.60
      MP: $56.26
      CO: $120.18

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with K:spade: Q:heart:
      1 fold, MP raises to $1.50, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.50, Hero raises to $6.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $5

Flop: ($15.00) 8:heart: J:heart: 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.01, BTN calls $8.01

Turn: ($31.02) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $67.31 all in, BTN calls $53.66 all in

River: ($138.34) Q:club: (2 players - 2 are all in)

2) KcQh SB Squeeze pot vs BTN

Pre flop:
      HJ is reg with 21/17 stats while BTN has 172 hands with 35/14 stats.
      I decided to squeeze here KQo as a standard play pre flop.

Flop: 8h Jh 2c
      I have 2 overs + BDFD.
      In opponents range I don't see Kxhh and Axhh since I am blocking Qh and there is Jh.So the only Kxhh and Axhh are most likely Th. When it comes to other flush draws he has T9hh (oestraighfd) as well as 76hh and perhaps 65hh.
      So all these are in his range but also tons of Jx combos such as all J9 JT QJ KJ and even AJ.
      I decide to c bet with intention to fold some part of his range (8x and mid to low PPs as well as random A highs) but did it with intention of jamming good turn that improves my equity significantly and to fold out showdown value Jx hands.

Turn: Th
      Now opponent has way less flushes because Th got there. He still has 76hh and 65hh which is 2 combos only.
      His range is now predominantly made out of showdown value Jx hands and Tx combos that are combo draw.
      At this point I have OSED + very strong FD (consider it a nut FD here really since I discounted any possible Ax and Kxhh, altough he may have here KhJx AhJx 5 combos that dominate me hard).
      I decided to shove with the intention to fold all Tx combo draws and showdown value Jx hands that are not strong enough to bluff catch in squeeze pot on such a drawy run out.

Opponent snap called with 76hh and won the hand.

Questions:
      - Pre flop, what hands would you use having a fish on BTN for squeeze range?
      - Is thinking process for flop and turn line good?
      - Is it realistic to expect Jx fold on the turn facing close to 2x overbet shove?
      - Should I consider value shoving AxAh KxKh in those spots if opponent is capable of bluff catching with Jx and Tx combo draws?
      - Is flop better to x/c and then x/shove vs bet/shove line?
      - How would you play this specific hand and other over pairs and sets here on the turn?

Appreciate it w34z3l!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      HAND 3:

BTN: $60.47
      Hero (SB): $78.94
      BB: $111.21
      UTG: $60.78
      MP: $89.74
      CO: $65.76

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with J:club: A:heart:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.50, Hero raises to $6.50, 1 fold, UTG calls $5, BTN calls $5

Flop: ($20.00) 5:heart: A:diamond: T:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($20.00) 9:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $10.69, UTG calls $10.69, BTN calls $10.69

River: ($52.07) J:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $61.75 all in, UTG folds, BTN calls $43.28 all in

3) AhJc SB Squeeze pot vs UTG and BTN regs

Pre flop:
      UTG 21/16 on 352 hands folds to 3 bet EP 50%(2)
      BTN 26/21 on 2.6k hands, folds to 3 bet BTN 55%(22)
      Decided to squeeze here as standard play + their 4 bet ranges are tight total 3.7% and 1.8%.

Flop: 5h Ad Td
      This texture seems dry to me so I decided to x/c instead.
      I now realize that this is potentially wrong because I am missing to extract value from all FDs as well as SDs and Tx combos.
      I expect in opponents flatting ranges AQ-AK for sure while BTN I feel will flat even wider Ax such as ATs+ even.
      So there is definitely argument to value bet flop here 1/2 or so bet.
      Decided to x/c with intention to bluff catch reg who will turn his mid pps into bluff here as well as Tx + all the draws.

Turn: 9c
      Now definitely decided to bet since when they both checked the flop I don't expect many Ax combos (they would value bet those most likely) which leaves FDs SDs and Tx combos.
      I decided to value bet here vs all these hands and strangely enough I get called by both of them on the turn.
      At this point I am feeling that UTG will have things such as QQ and maybe even KK some combos as well as AK AQ AJ type of hand.
      BTN on the other hand has way more SDs and FDs in his range.

River: Jh
      This is perfect card for me vs 1 opponent but not necessarily vs 2 opponents.
      In the actual hand I decided to shove "for value" to get called by AQ AK here as well as T9 JT J9 combos. So in that sense I feel that is correct play.
      However, problem here is that 1 of the opponents most likely has KQ or 87 which they x flop and called the turn with.
      So in that sense, the best line here would be to bet fold to a shove or even x/c smaller bets (up to 1/2 pot) as opponents will most likely shove those straights and value bet 2 pair type of hands.

Looking at the whole hand now, I think checking flop allowed my opponents to catch up on turn and river and potentially my turn bet was too small which gave them great odds to call of their draws.

Questions:
      - What SB squeeze range would you use vs 2 regs from which one is UTG and other is on BTN, considering that they don't fold enough to 3 bets ? (assume merged range would work best here but how wide?)
      - Is checking flop ever good line to take here and if so, what kind of sizing should I be using to turn bet here? (2/3 or pot even?)
      - If I c bet flop, what sizing would you use, and if I would get called by 2 opponents flop then I potentially have a very hard time when I check behind turn into them and one of them takes over intitiative since my hand doesn't stand very well vs AQ and AK. So in that sense what is the best line turn here after betting flop?
      - River we have a value bet or value call if we decide to check. What kind of sizing would you value bet here and what sizing are you ready to call off here if you check?
      - Was thinking process about opponents ranges pre and post flop correct?
      - How would you play out whole hand?

Appreciate it again w34z3l!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      HAND 4:

BTN: $51.38
      SB: $55.26
      BB: $78.44
      UTG: $50.25
      MP: $69.04
      Hero (CO): $74.15

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with A:club: A:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, BTN calls $1.10, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.95) 4:spade: 3:diamond: 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.11, BTN raises to $4.22, Hero raises to $10.52, BTN raises to $16.82, Hero raises to $73.05 all in, BTN calls $33.46 all in

Turn: ($103.51) 6:diamond: (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($103.51) 7:club: (2 players - 2 are all in)

4) AcAh CO vs BTN flop play

Pre flop:
      Standard play. Opponent is read less!

Flop: 4s 3d 6h
      I bet and get raised. Decided at this point to stack off expecting opponent never to let go of TT JJ QQ(if he doesn't 3 bet QQ pre) in such spot. Can also argue that he would not fold here 55 (6 combos) and perhaps even 77 gutter (6 more combos)
      So the action went bet/raise/3 bet/4 bet small/shove from my end.

Think I overplayed the hand here due to 4 bet small action but if he 4 bet shove I would be much happier since he is more likely to stack off with SDs from flop to river while he might just call down 3 bet with TT-QQ or any over pair really.

Questions:
      - When facing small 4 bet in such spots is AA always a fold read less?
      - What kind of range read less can I expect on this dry texture from BTN vs CO and? Is he raising with all pps for value and protection?
      - How would you play the hand further streets assuming that you bet/call his raise and then turn and river don't complete the straight?
      - How would you play the hand with pps from 99-KK in such spot?

Thank you w34z3l!
    • Post removed

• pok3ras
      pok3ras
      Bronze
      Villain 17/12 over 100 hands a little fit or fold seems to be
      It s ok to jam the turn?
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $7.64 (152.8 bb)
      BB: $21.61 (432.2 bb)
      UTG: $1.75 (35 bb)
      MP: $6.03 (120.6 bb)
      CO: $5 (100 bb)
      BTN: $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K J
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BB raises to $0.45, Hero raises to $1.05, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.10) 3 6 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.26, BB calls $1.26

Turn: ($4.62) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.62, BB folds

Results:
      $4.62 pot ($0.30 rake)
      Final Board: 3 6 T 9
      Hero mucked K J and won $4.32 ($2.01 net)
      BB mucked and lost (-$2.31 net)