This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Generally how did I play $2/$2 NL? Could I have played better?

• pokermadness
      pokermadness
      Basic
      This are 2 hands from a $2/$2 live game. Everyone is deep stack and I am the "shorter" stack at 300bb ($300),
      8 handed.

1st Hand)

I am UTG+1, UTG straddles $5. I looked at my hands and pocket aces smiled at me. I was thinking of limping, but then again if some-reraise and I have to re-reraise it will appear unusually strong. So I just raised to $20. SB calls ( I know this guy to have a very loose range and I have ever seen him make plays like raising river with a bluff or betting 3 streets with middle pair that kind of thing). Big Blind fold, Straddler(UTG) calls the $20.

Pot $62
      Flop was King,King,6 (No flush draws)

SB checks, UTG checks, I decided to check here.

Turn was a 9.
      Board King,King,6,9 (no flush draws).

SB checks, UTG then bets out $25, I called, SB reraises to $100. UTG calls. (Like I said I have seen SB make fancy plays, UTG could have maybe TT-JJ or 9X he could very well have KX but then pot was $264, and calling $75 seem ok with aces. I called planning to fold to almost any kind of bet in the river.

Lo and behold, river drops another K
      Board: K,K,6,9,K

SB checks, UTG bets out $75 to $225 pot. I cant seem to fold a small bet with aces full house, I called, SB folded. UTG had KJ.

How did I play here? I know folding turn is okay, but the SB who did it is capable of making a play that is why I called, if it
      was any other player, I would have folded. River seemingly made my hand stronger it was difficult not to call.

2nd Hand)

I was left with about $220.

I have QQ UTG, I raised to $20 (It may seem huge, but players are loose), and yes another 4 players behind me called.

Pot about $104
      Flop: :Td: :6h: :5d:

I bet out $75, UTG+1 called me, rest folded.

Turn: :Td: :6h: :5d: :5s: (pot: $225)

I check to pot control and let him bet out his draws/bluffs or Tx.
      He betted out $115. (I was thinking whether should I call him and check river?) But I would be left with $85 and it would be a difficult spot. I don't put him on sets as he would have very likely reraised the flop, Also don't put him on KK/AA as he simply called preflop. I think folding is out of the equation on just the turn, so I just decided to value raise back remaining $200.

He called revealing 53 offsuit. and I lose.

How did I play generally, was both hands a cooler? ( I personally think 2nd hand is a cooler, 1st hand I had more control and could have given benefit of a doubt and folded the turn, waited for a better opportunity)

Also, was the river call with $75 in a pot of $225 bad with Aces full house?
  • 1 reply
    • excitedpoker
      excitedpoker
      Bronze
      1st hand After SB reraised the turn and UTG called folding seems fine to me.
      2nd is a setup but i would prefer to bet the turn myself, he`ll probably check back JT, 99 etc. and you want value. Jaming almost any river.