$100 Bankroll challenge. Micros to millions.

• austpokerkid
      austpokerkid
      Basic
      Going to be attempting a $100 Bankroll Challenge and wanted some feedback or suggestions in which games i should start with, ring games, sit and gos, and what time of management i should use, for example, when to move up stakes and down. Let me know what you think or a good strategy is. :)
  • 1 reply
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello austpokerkid

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

I’m more a SNG guy. So I would recommend you to play $1,50 9 mans STT’s, but if you don’t like them it has not to much use to help you with that.

I would go up to a higher limit on the micro stakes STT’s when I have approximately 50 buy-inns. When you go up to the $15’s you can better use at least 100 buy-inns, because the players are better there and that is 1 of the reasons you can expect higher swings than on the lower stakes.

I know also a little bit of bankrollmanagment (BRM) on cash games. There you can start with approximately 20 buy-inns on the micro stakes if you don’t play to many tables at the same time.

You can also consider to play tournaments, but than you need a lot more buy-inns if you compare it with other games, because there compete a lot more players than in a STT for example. If you play tournaments with more than 1k players in it you should use at least 300 buy-inns to start with to kill the swings on long run. Also you need to have a lot of time if you grind them on daily bases, because a tournament can take sometimes the whole day/night if you win one.

If you have a job or you study you can better play STT’s or cash games, because the games cost less time. Cash games you can quit whenever you want and STT’s will take approximately 1 hour if you play regular STT. Turbo STT’s take less time.

Further I like you to inform about our free money offers. You can use them on a poker room you don’t have a account yet and than you don’t invest your own money first. Also you will reach the bronze status and if you reach that you can post pictures as well.

I think this is enough information for now. I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum, but if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987