My Plan - check it out

• LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      Hi. I have currently 30 dollars in titan poker.
      I need about 350 dollars to upgrade my computer.
      My goal: Achieve minimum of 350 dollars until 31th december.
      How to : Playing 1.20 dollars sng and when i have enough BR i will move up the limits.

I will start the following plan after my studies finishes , in 7th of december.
      I will have 24 days to earn 320 dollars which means 13.3 dollars/day.
      Playing 6 hous a day i will have to make earn 2.2 dollars per hour.
      Do you think this is impossible guys?
  • 22 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Yes

Well I guess it isnt, good luck :D I've no clue about SnG winrates but 2.2/h winrate sounds like a lot on 1 dollar sngs
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      wow, you make it sound so easy.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      I wish you well LP, but feel you are putting far too much pressure on yourself. The hourly rate will be constantly on your mind and will affect your decision making, however unintentional.

I would suggest you start off, but do not set yourself any targets yet. See how it goes and don't be surprised if it takes longer than you think, everyone experiences downswings sometimes.

So in answer to your question, yes it's possible, but only by taking a number of risks. Slow & steady and you may just be upgrading your pc sometime soon.

Good luck buddy, let us all know how you get on.

Bart.

p.s. There are lots of options on SnG's, 6 seater (top 2 cash), 9 seater (top 3), double up, multi table etc.
      Suggest if inexperienced (not assuming, just not sure if you are or not), stick to the standard 6 or 9 player single tables and go for the non turbo blinds.

p.p.s. If you see "EagleStar88" seated at your tables, please let him steal your blinds :D
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      You shouldn't put money orientated goals in your poker game... it will just put more pressure on you and make you stressful... and $2.2 hour can be done 4 table-ing $1. turbo sng's... Variance is a bitch tho and I've currently ran months with 4% roi on the 11's and $22's... so well if variance goes your favor this is doable... not a smart plan if you ask me tho...
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      You shouldn't put money orientated goals in your poker game... it will just put more pressure on you and make you stressful... and $2.2 hour can be done 4 table-ing $1. turbo sng's... Variance is a bitch tho and I've currently ran months with 4% roi on the 11's and $22's... so well if variance goes your favor this is doable... not a smart plan if you ask me tho...
      Great minds think alike my friend :D

Btw, 4% ROI is good Imo, after consideration of 10% rake/fee. Keep going.
    • Orko1
      Orko1
      Bronze
      just go for it! I'm eager to hear about the results. However, I guess u shouldn't put too much pressure on yourself... Just try to bring your A-game and try not to let occasional bad luck affect you too much. All in all I'd say:

GOOD LUCK ;)
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      31th of december i shall reply a post with my currently BR
      wish me good luck guys
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      Best of luck, but if it doesn't work out, don't go on tilt, don't try to move up the limits quicker in order to make that 31 december deadline, there's no shame if it would take till 31 januari or even later to go from 30-350.

If I could give you an advise, if you are playing on titan, check out the super turbo heads up tourneys, (1 minute blind levels) that's probably your best shot to make it, since these tourneys are over in 5-6 minutes, and they are rather beatable,
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      the only problem is that my account here is registered on pokerstars
      so i wont be able to get pokerstrategy points to get silver :(
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      You got your 50$ starting bankroll on ps in that case, did you bust it? cause otherwise, why are you playing at titan?
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      yes i busted. :(
      but then i deposited in titan and now i have 30 dollars. i come here coz i like the strategy articles :(
    • andrewkd
      andrewkd
      Bronze
      my only opinion on it,
      be careful of the sit n go's. It is easy to get busted out and not cash, therefore you are now further behind.

I find it easier to sit at 2 ring games, playing just .05/.10 NL. in an hour today i turn $8 into around $15-$16. The only thing i really did was be patient, get into the action as cheap as you can, that way if the flop doesn't come your way, its a cheap and easy fold. And when things do go your way, you nibble away at the others still in the pot. The thing that i really like about ring games is you can be patient and wait for great hands. When you get one, bet hard, make the others think about what they have. Like they always say, 1 big pot an hour.

Just be prepared for ups and downs. You might find yourself behind the 8 ball more than you want, which migh make you do some crazy things.

Good luck with it all, hopefully you are able to put some money together, just better not be any of mine!!!!!

Andrew
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LPLDS
      Hi. I have currently 30 dollars in titan poker.
      I need about 350 dollars to upgrade my computer.
      My goal: Achieve minimum of 350 dollars until 31th december.
      How to : Playing 1.20 dollars sng and when i have enough BR i will move up the limits.

I will start the following plan after my studies finishes , in 7th of december.
      I will have 24 days to earn 320 dollars which means 13.3 dollars/day.
      Playing 6 hous a day i will have to make earn 2.2 dollars per hour.
      Do you think this is impossible guys?
      If you are doing this to upgrade your comp, wouldn't it be easier to get a job with 4$+/h^^
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      nah i want to achieve this by playing poker.
      do you guys recommend ring games? i was playing only sngs
    • andrewkd
      andrewkd
      Bronze
      i feel ring games offer better returns. some might agree, some might disagree. Thats just my experience.

If SnG's are your thing, at titan i would suggest the 6 handed turbo double ups. game is over when there are only 3 people left, $2 entry, $4 return. I know they have $5 ones, pretty sure of $2 and $1 as well.
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      hm i was thinking about take the 10 players normal game
      it takes more or less 40-50 minutes each game
      the super turbo is too fast . if you dont get good cards just in the beggining its very likely you will loose.
    • Harold1
      Harold1
      Global
      well your off to a bad start if u want to turn 30 into 350 w/ 1.20 sng.

Recomended is 30 BI for cash games and 50 - 100 BI for sng's so your behind the 8 ball already if you want to play according to PS.

At least that's the way I read it .

I know their a little vague on the subject of BRM for sng but I'm pretty sure it's 50 - 100 BI's so you should be playing the .50+ tables.

We need the coach here I think to clear this up first.

I've read a few other posts where their making the same mistake confusing sng and cash game BRM,

help us out here coach ....
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      in the strategy section it says 30 bi
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      it is possible but very hard... im giving u like 5% chance to make it