PartyPoker installation stuck at 0% - tried a lot of solutions

• mad1lee
      mad1lee
      Basic
      Hello,

On Sunday my PP software stopped loging me in popping an error message instead of login window so I deleted it in order to reinstall. However, after I did that, installation process is always stuck at 0%. Here is what I tried:

- disabling firewall/antivirus
      - writing inbound rule for Windows Firewall for specific ports
      - trying to install that certificate from other thread
      - trying to uninstall all traces of PP by revounistaller then cleaning PC with CCleaner
      - trying to install in safe mod with networking with firewall off/on

Nothing worked. I am already at about 20 letters with PP support, they keep offering solutions that do not work.

Here is my configuration: Windows 7 home premium edition 64 bit (official), Avira free antivirus (tried disabling it), Windows Firewall (tried disabling it).

Location is Moscow, 888 and PS.com work fine for me. Note, that while ru.partypoker.com site opens, I cannot download software from there unless I use Hola extension for Mozilla browser.

Please help.
  • 9 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey mad1lee,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com

You will need to use Hola to download the software, but please ensure you are not running Hola when you login to play. Russian authorities have recently started blocking poker websites including PokerStars, PartyPoker, Titan and Unibet.

This doesn't affect your ability to play as it doesn't block clients, however blocking the websites means you can't download or update the clients without using something like Hola.

Hope this helps

Laz
    • mad1lee
      mad1lee
      Basic
      Hey, Lazza61,

Thanks for the response. As I said, I have no problems downloading the software (since I can do it with Hola) and PP support team event sent me a seperate link for it which works without Hola.

But I still cannot install it.
    • mad1lee
      mad1lee
      Basic
      OK, figured out what it is. It's my ISP blocking the site (they confirmed it in e-mail). I guess the only way is to use VPN now.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey mad1lee,

This should only affect your ability to download and/or update the client. Once the client is installed, you should be able to play without using VPN.

Regards

Laz
    • mad1lee
      mad1lee
      Basic
      Hey Lazza,

I tested it, and without VPN login window of Party Poker gives me error 107 instead of opportunity to enter login and password. So yes, it affects both downloading and playing.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey mad1lee,

Can you go into your firewalls and ensure port 443 is open and add an exception for port 443 to be associated with Party.

Regards

Laz
    • mad1lee
      mad1lee
      Basic
      Hey, Lazza,

I already did that, I mentioned it in my first post.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by mad1lee
      Hey, Lazza,

I already did that, I mentioned it in my first post.

Oops. Sorry about that. :f_biggrin: Error 107 comes up as a SSL error. Have you mentioned that error number in your conversations with Party's support?
    • mad1lee
      mad1lee
      Basic
      ofc i had.

Since I figured that Party only works with VPN and my ISP confirmed that they are banning traffic from Party site I think it's pretty clear now that i leave in a retarded country that VPN is the only way for me.